Kiewit Fire Sprinkler Alarm Technician in Omaha, Nebraska
Requisition ID: 133701
Responsible for installation, repairs, and modifications to fire alarm and detection systems in full compliance with all applicable codes, as well as industry and company and company standards.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Install, service and repair fire alarm, fire suppression and other life safety systems.
• Travel to client locations on a variable schedule as needed.
• Be available as needed to keep critical fire protection systems functional, including possible overtime or weekend needs.
• Operate company vehicles.
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required
• Knowledge of functions associated with testing of fire alarms, fire suppression, access control, and security systems.
• Complete knowledge of low voltage wiring, especially troubleshooting.
• Knowledge & application of National Fire Alarm Code
• Thoroughly capable of reading, interpreting, and applying system design plans, as well as building construction drawings and documents.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload.
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
• Must possess knowledge skills and abilities for position
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision
• Must have valid Driver's License and clean Department of Motor Vehicles report
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Jobs