Merck Mac and Mobility Engineer(Specialist) in Olympia, Washington
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
As a Mac and Mobility Engineer, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
We are seeking energetic, experienced engineer to join our Client Computing group in Branchburg, NJ. As Mac and Mobility Engineer you will work in a global team, supporting approximately 65k mobile devices and 2k Mac computers.
Primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Administer Jamf Pro Cloud suite, MobileIron and Microsoft Intune systems to deploy applications and settings globally to company managed devices.
• Provide engineering support for all current and future management solutions for Mac computers and Mobile devices.
• Create and maintain SDLC documentation including fully documented SOPs for standardized KBAs.
• Work with other IT, security and business related areas to keep abreast of the latest requirements and policies.
• Partner with divisional IT and the business to comprehend their requirements and implement solutions that meet their needs.
• Work with various wireless carriers, device OEMs, software vendors to understand their strategies in providing enterprise mobility solutions.
• Assist with developing and conveying new services, offerings and device standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree or relevant exposure in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent working experience.
• A minimum of 2 years of working experience with at least one of the following- JAMF Pro, MobileIron, AirWatch, Microsoft Intune in Mobility Device Management (MDM) solutions.
• Industry-wide experience in systems engineering activities that will contribute to the successful delivery of Infrastructure solutions including application deployment, automation improvements, emerging technologies.
• Ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and technical staff at all levels.
• Experience with supporting C-level executives in the enterprise environment.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Proven track records of delivering results with a high degree of customer focus and satisfaction.
• Working experience with SDLC, change management and standard documentation processes.
• Experience designing, executing and documenting QA testing scenarios.
• Excellent written communication and organizational skills.
• Fluency in reading/writing/speaking English.
• Solid comprehension of mobile messaging, wireless networking and Active Directory technologies.
• SQL scripting and SQL Reporting Services experience desirable.
• Able to work effectively, both independently and within an international team that is regionally based (US, EMEA, APAC).
• Able to think outside the box in developing and supporting technical solutions for the enterprise.
• Able to present on and/or speak to various Mac and mobility related topics.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/inst/1422$1533/rel-task/3001$14.htmld)
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/task/1422$4020.htmld)
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here (https://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/aCdfqL) if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf)
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R128693
- Merck Jobs