Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Production Supervisor in Olathe, Kansas
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership to all production personnel in the Mold Release department. This role will direct, mentor, train, evaluate, and manage production staff. The Production Supervisor will collaborate with management team to develop and implement short- and long-term strategies and help to build and promote a strong teamwork environment in all areas. This role will conduct annual performance reviews for all Mold Release employees.
· Responsible for scheduling, organizing, directing, and overseeing the correct and timely completion of formulation and multiple blending production functions.
· Ensures equipment is operating properly and is well maintained. Assists operators with equipment operation as required.
· Responsible for starting the shift to coordinate all call-ins, people changes, and to distribute work orders.
· Completes related paperwork, reports, and support functions.
· Leads continuous improvement activities to improve processes and drive accountability.
· Implement and drive lean methods to eliminate waste and improve value stream processes.
· Monitors inventory for each job to ensure appropriate levels. Requisitions new materials as appropriate.
· Responsible for ensuring production functions are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Ensure operators are efficient, effective, and properly trained and follow all applicable environmental, health, safety, quality, and work rules and regulations.
· Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining good communication and working relations with company personnel and management.
· Ensure production deadlines are met and minimums stock levels, as outlined by management, are maintained.
· Ensures operators will be measured by customer order fulfillment, quality, cleanliness, safety, and other key performance indicators as deemed necessary.
· Responsible for ensuring inspections are accurately and effectively conducted.
· Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
· Reviews specifications and job orders, interprets to staff, and assigns duties.
· Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products that fail to meet standards.
· Develops, recommends, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Maintains time and production records.
· Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
· Foster, communicate, and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in technical field or engineering with 5+ years previous manufacturing experience or equivalent combined experience.
· Experience in a production supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP); SAP, JDE, AS400, Microsoft Dynamics Navision a plus.
· Must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software, inventory software, and order processing systems.
· Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
· Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions; use reason when dealing with emotional topics/situations.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence via use of available software programs and resources.
· Excellent communication skills with all levels of the company and customer personnel. Skilled in effective cross functional collaboration and engagement.
· Proven capacity in establishing good relationships and contributing in a team environment.
· Possess a strong competitive drive to win balanced with the ability to work directly and through others to implement strategies and goals.
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships across varying customer functions and levels.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
· Able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
· Is creative and intuitive. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
· Possesses a sense of self awareness in dealing with others.
· Proficient time management and prioritization skills. Organized in managing tasks and responsibilities.
· Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a diverse creative team environment.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as related to the job.
· Must be capable of and willing to accept all work rules, safety and environmental instructions, policies and procedures, as it applies to the job. Might work with chemicals, some might be hazardous. Follow all safety precautions including review of MSDS’s if necessary.
· Able to travel as needed.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs