ROCKY MOUNTAIN TESTING SOLUTIONS LLC Electronic Technician in OGDEN, Utah
1st shift position with a schedule of 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Additional overtime may be required. Weekends on occasions.
* JOB DESCRIPTION:*
The Electronic Technician performs various functions in supporting a wide variety of test equipment. The job includes retrofitting equipment with new controllers, rewiring existing equipment. Working with tools, instruments, power supplies, signal generators, understanding of test procedures. Knowledge in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), industrial networking, servo system programming, and Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming a plus.
* *This position prefers you to have the knowledge and hands-on experience of operating environmental simulation test equipment. The specific equipment at RMTS are temperature humidity chambers, vibration equipment including electro-dynamic and mechanical shakers, halt/hass, salt fog, drop tester, transportation simulator, tensile/compression tester and the related data acquisition and instrumentation.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of electronic systems, prototyping, maintenance, and repair techniques.
- Apply system diagnostics and troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrate competency in DC and AC circuit concepts, component characteristics, circuit prototyping, and testing.
- Demonstrate competency in Analog and Digital circuit concepts, component characteristics, circuit prototyping, and testing.
- Implement and properly use a variety of precision electronic measurement tools and procedures.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Set up instrumentation such as controllers, data acquisition, etc.
- Wiring skills and knowledge of 480V, 230V and 120V electrical circuits.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new techniques.
- Ability to read schematics and produce as-built engineering drawings after the overhaul of equipment.
- Ability to work with a team, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks, meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate careful attention to quality and detail.
- May perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point).
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE:
- 2-year degree or equivalent in Electronics Technology.
- Previous experience as an electronic technician in a similar industry.
- Previous knowledge or work experience with environmental test equipment.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status required (due to access to US export-controlled information)
Must have a valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
RMTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all protected categories under applicable law and is a drug-free workplace.