MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
Distributed Platforms represents the next phase in the advancement of our digital transformation and is a significant evolution for MasterCard. We continue to grow our Platform as a Service organization to support aggressive growth plans. MasterCard is seeking a Principal Engineer to lead the implementation of Kubernetes Service as well as other core services need to operationalize Kubernetes. This position requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to stand up on-prem/off Platforms like Kubernetes and understands how elastic runtimes support distributed compute and storage needs.
• Formally supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several Leaders/ Consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives
• Experience in working with high performance teams delivering platforms services and works well with Peers in other locations
• • Helps identify and coach top talent within own teams (includes direct reports and second-line reports)
• Position requires hands on development required to stand up core services Kubernetes platform as well as experience with open source Kubernetes, networking concepts inside Elastic runtimes and securing the platforms
• Deep knowledge in Open source components required for logging, monitoring, load balancers, etc for Kubernetes service
• Running analytics workloads like Spark jobs inside Kubernetes is a plus.
• Deep knowledge in running and maintaining life cycle management of containers.
• Current with industry trends on Cloud native deployments and is comfortable in presenting Architecture details of new initiatives to senior leadership team.
• Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through fully automated using CI/CD pipelines
• Execution with precision and working with other engineering teams across the Mastercard to manage internal and external dependencies to deliver quality product on time and on budget
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership in delivering a complete “Platform-as-a-Service” like Kubernetes or similar from ground up.
and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decisions
• Experience in working with Open source solutions in Distributed Compute and Storage solutions. Knowledge concepts like Software Defined Storage, Software Defined Network.
• Considered a department thought leader and expert in Software Engineering as with experience in related engineering disciplines
• Hands on Experience in standing up Kubernetes platform as well as working with workloads inside Kubernetes environment is required.
• Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the Distributed Platforms organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128163