MasterCard Lead Software Engineer (C/C++) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer (C/C++)
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join Mastercard on the global credit card authorization team. The system facilitates billions of transactions among issuers, acquirers, and service providers. You will have the chance to lead projects that enhance this system each release. We are looking for engineers that are passionate about design and development with constant focus on quality.
All About You
• Have you written many lines of code in C or C++?
• Do you like solving complex challenges?
• Have you set technical direction for your team and mentored junior engineers?
• Do you have experience in automation (CI/CD)?
• Have you developed software for Linux operating systems?
• Do you have experience and prefer working on an Agile team?
• Have you worked on embedded or real-time distributed systems?
• Are you passionate about quality and engineering standards?
• Partner with Product Management to elaborate features, stories, and test strategy for each initiative
• Create technical design and assign work to developers
• Develop complex stories in C and write unit tests in C++ (Google Test)
• Be a human quality gate by leading code and design reviews
• Collaborate with other Principals and Leads to define interfaces and interactions between systems
• Advise on implementation strategy for successful deployment
• Implement development process improvements and automation
• Coach and develop junior employees
• Deliver department and external presentations
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142049