MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer - Dispute in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer - Dispute
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Dispute team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software
• Assist with all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Understanding and analyzing of business requirements for new development.
• Design, develop and deliver software solutions for Dispute applications for Mastercard, from inception to production.
• Supporting the creation of documentation, including user guide, software development guides and API specifications to be followed by external customers and internal software development professionals.
• Responsible for ensuring application stability in production by creating solutions that provide operational health.
• Partnering with DevOps, TechOps and BizOps support teams to maintain and build capabilities that will support all Mastercard’s customers with necessary capacity.
• Participate on daily scrums and provide updates to in progress stories.
• Work with continuously evolving application and design, develop, support Cloud Application components using industry standards of coding. This involves building and automating several manual processes using newer technologies and Enterprise Application development pattern.
• Developing, testing and consuming secured http based Restful Web services that can be accessed in different platforms such as web, windows and mobile applications. It involves setting up Authentication and Authorization using Secured Socket Layer (SSL) token and use Postman to ensure all the endpoints work as expected. Working with JSON and XML objects.
• Mentoring and leading new developers driving good engineering practices.
All About You
• Developing Java Spring based Cloud application to develop mastercom API’s for Mastercard’s Dispute Resolution.
• Extensive Knowledge in JAVA, Spring Boot, Micro services, PCF, Hibernate, Oracle, Restful, JSON, JAXRS, Splunk, Agile, Sonar, Linux, Git.
• Database experience including Oracle and advanced SQL scripting.
• Soft skills: strong verbal and written communication to demo features to product owners; strong team player to mentor and support other team members, proactive and has initiative to take development work from inception to implementation.
• Business Rules Management/Decision Management such as IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM - formerly ILOG) or JBoss Drools
• Experience on Designing and developing MicroServices using Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, PCF.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-134643