Rush University Medical Center Registered Nurse in Oak Park, Illinois
Welcome to RUSH!
Department: Nursing Administration
Work Type: Restricted Part Time (Total FTE less than 0.5)
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: 8 Hr
Magnet Program Liaison. 8 hours/week. Flexible with scheduling
The RN 2 is a competent nurse who has mastered technical skills. The RN 2 identifies patterns of patient responses and can use past experiences to implement solutions for current situations. The RN 2 continues to consult with other members of the heal care team when the need for assistance is identified. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
Evidence Based Practice
• Utilizes system wide resources to support decision making and action.
• Recognizes patterns/groupings of problems in a specific patient population that require investigation and initiates actions to address.
• Communicates current evidence-based information with peers.
Relationships and Caring
• Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and families through effective communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting for optimal outcomes.
• Collaborates consistently and effectively with other disciplines and services to meet the needs of patients and families.
• Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of patient/families.
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize care for complex patients based on knowledge acquired from previous clinical experiences.
• Recognizes changes in patient status and consistently responds effectively.
• Demonstrates consistent safe and effective use of medical devices in the delivery of patient care.
• Demonstrates accountability for implementing policies related to safe and effective administration of medications.
• Assesses patient safety needs consistently and implements appropriate strategies (fall precautions, infection control, and suicide risk patient identification) to minimize risk.
• Individualizes teaching plans based on a thorough assessment to meet the learning needs of patients and families.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff and students on the unit.
• Demonstrates beginning leadership skills related to patient care.
• Delegates effectively and consistently to optimize patient outcomes.
• Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice, including progress toward achievement of annual goals.
Required Job Qualifications:
• 3 months – 1 year of experience.
• Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other major (except current employees hired before October 31, 2009).
• Non-baccalaureate RNs are not eligible for promotion.
• Current state of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure required.
• Consistent proficient performance at RN 1 position or equivalent experience.
• ACLS for ICU, Tele, Endo, PACU, IR, ED
• PALS for PACU, ED
• Analytical ability is required.
• Communication skills are required in order to teach.
• Ability to interact effectively with others in difficult situations.
• Work requires the ability to walk throughout the medical center and to be standing and walking most of the designated shift.
• Work requires lifting and carrying objects 35-40 lbs. and supporting and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
• The ability to check documents for errors, use of a keyboard to enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or reports is required.
• Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
• Ability to care for patients in the following age categories:
o Toddlers (1-3 years) depending on cluster
o Pre-Schoolers (3-5 years) depending on cluster
o School Age (5-12 years) depending on cluster
o Adolescents (12-18 years)
o Young Adults (19-45 years)
o Middle Adults (45-60 years)
o Older Adults (greater than 60)
• Able to operate computers, printers, copiers, fax, and medical equipment specific to department.
The Magnet program liaison is a professional staff nurse that works in patient care as an RN2 or RN3 and 8 hours/ week is responsible for supporting activities required to maintain ANCC Magnet recognition.Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services and Nursing Practice, this position leads the Magnet stars committee, ensures timely and accurate documentation of Magnet stories, supports activities related to site visit preparedness, encourages and develops innovation and new knowledge to improve patient care, advances the profession of nursing, and improves intra-professional collaboration.In collaboration with nursing staff and leaders, the position facilitates a supportive environment of professionalism, excellence, collegiality and continuous improvement.The Magnet program liaison contributes to orientation, annual competency training and additional house-wide initiatives that focus on professional practice and the ANCC Magnet program.Assists with the creation and publication of key reports related to nursing progress such as annual report and strategic plans as well as the reporting and analysis of data points for areas where nurses work, pertaining to requirements of the ANCC Magnet Program. The Magnet program liaison is a leader and role model for other nursing staff, exemplifies the Rush Oak Park Hospital mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with ROPH policies and procedures.This position will promote excellence in nursing practice and serve as a catalyst for change to ensure ROPH’s Nursing Service remains a national leader in nursing practice.Confidence with professional writing and communication is imperative for this role.
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Position Registered Nurse
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 440
Rush University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center Jobs