Rush University Medical Center Registered Nurse PD in Oak Park, Illinois
Welcome to RUSH!
Work Type: Restricted Part Time (Total FTE less than 0.5)
Shift: Shift 3
Work Schedule: 12 Hr (7:00 P.M. to 7:30 A.M.) (Monday through Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
The RN staff nurse assumes primary responsibilities for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the nursing care for assigned patients. The RN plans and implements routine care and sets priorities. This role integrates technical skills and theoretical knowledge to meet the needs of the patient and family. Recognizes own limitations and seeks assistance as appropriate. This position serves as the flexible resource to cover for Ill calls, FMLA, vacancies and fluctuations above census. This position is the first to be cancelled, after agency, when not needed for any of the reasons identified.
The mission of Rush is to provide the best health care for the individuals and diverse communities we serve through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, research, and community partnerships.
Provides emotional support to patients, families and significant others
Insures timely response to patient needs
Procedures and tests are explained to patient upon admission and throughout hospitalization.
Assuring and Improving Quality Care
Completes and documents all required forms in the appropriate patient medical record
Demonstrates knowledge and participates in unit based quality improvement process
Demonstrates knowledge of evidence based clinical standards.
Demonstrates knowledge of clinical unit-based and hospital-based competencies
Validates M.D. orders according to policies and procedures
Knowledge of patient population and disease entities of the patient cared for on a med-surg unit.
- As applicable, the interdisciplinary Plan of Care tool is consistently and accurately completed (i.e., problems are appropriately identified, appropriate goals
are dated, initialed and modified, problems are resolved and managed at discharge, and appropriate triggers identified).
All patient care orders are executed correctly and timely
Discharge teaching is done in a timely manner throughout the hospital stay and documented appropriately.
Actively participates in the achievement of unit goals and completes all assignments in the area of unit responsibilities.
Completes mandatory education on shift
Demonstrates accountability for time and attendance.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Associate Degree in Nursing. Must be enrolled in a must complete degree within 5 years of hire.
• Bachelor’s Degree in: Nursing
• Minimum 2 years of experience
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
• BSN Preferred
• Current CPR
• ACLS for ED, ICU, Tele, and PACU areas.
• Current Illinois License
• Good communication skills
• Computer skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Familiarity with patient care equipment
• Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts as per RT-I criteria.
• Able to be down-staffed in 4 hour increments
• Ability to transport objects, patients and equipment
• Ability to respond quickly to patient needs with a focus on customer satisfaction.
• Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
• Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of fire or other disasters
• Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients.
• Ability to stand and walk throughput most of designated shift.
Must be proficient in competencies for patient care in each area identified in departmental cluster. Orientation will consist of 1 shift in each department to allow familiarity with department and completion of department orientation checklist. May work in additional departments if RN has completed competencies for the additional areas. Must have flexibility to work when needed and to be down-staffed when census is low or adequate staffing is available.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Position Registered Nurse PD
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 721
Rush University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center Jobs