Rush University Medical Center Registered Nurse CSO in Oak Park, Illinois
Welcome to RUSH!
Department: Nursing Administration
Work Type: Restricted Part Time (Total FTE less than 0.5)
Shift: Shift 2 (3:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M)
Work Schedule: 8 Hr (Monday through Friday) (Every Other Weekend)
The RNIII is a proficient nurse possessing in-depth knowledge of patient management; can accommodate unplanned events and can respond with efficiency, flexibility and confidence. The RN 3 immediately sees the whole situation while being able to discriminate that which is most relevant; has developed advanced communication and collaboration skills along with system savvy. The RN 3 assumes a leadership role in the clinical practice area, using clinical experience to serve as a role model and coach. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
Evidence Based Practice
• Ensures that staff applies current evidence based guidelines (P&P, standards of care, protocols, pathways).
• Seeks out current evidence based information and is accountable for sharing with peers.
• Participates in unit based quality initiatives to improve patient care and outcomes.
Relationships and Caring
• Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and families through effective communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting for optimal outcomes.
• Anticipates patient/ family-clinician communication breakdown and implements appropriate action to resolve.
• Serves as a role model by demonstrating advanced interpersonal communication and collaboration skills in the management of complex patient care situations.
• Resolves conflict effectively to continuously improve team relationships at the unit level.
• Utilizes advanced assessment skills to holistically evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of patient/family.
• Critically analyzes complex patient cases and effectively adapts the plan of care.
• Anticipates potential problems and identifies subtle changes in patient status which lead to early and effective interventions to optimize patient outcomes.
• Supports less experienced staff in management of complex patient situations.
• Provides coaching for reflection and review of complex patient situations in order to identify practical solutions.
• Models the safe and effective use of medical devices in the delivery of patient care.
• Demonstrates accountability for implementing policies related to safe and effective administration of medications.
• Evaluates the application of safety strategies (fall precautions, infection control, suicide risk patient identification) on the unit and initiates appropriate action to minimize risk.
• Models effective, sophisticated teaching strategies for patients and families.
• Serves as a role model whose beliefs, attitudes and actions support unit leadership and goals.
• Demonstrates proficient leadership skills at the unit level.
• Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice, including progress toward achievement of annual goals.
Required Job Qualifications:
• 1-3 years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other major (except current employees hired before October 31, 2009).
• Non-baccalaureate RNs are not eligible for promotion.
• Current state of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure.
• Consistent proficient performance at RN 2 position or equivalent experience.
• National Certification within 1 year after eligibility for the certification exam. (Candidates with Master’s Degrees are required to acquire National Certification within 2 years of assuming position)
• ACLS for ICU, Tele, Endo, PACU, IR, ED
• PALS for PACU, ED
• Analytical ability.
• Communication skills are required in order to teach.
• Ability to interact effectively with others in difficult situations.
• Work requires the ability to walk throughout the medical center and to be standing and walking most of the designated shift.
• Work requires lifting and carrying objects 35-40 lbs. and supporting and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
• The ability to check documents for errors, use of a keyboard to enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or reports is required.
• Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
• Ability to care for patients in the following age categories:
• Toddlers (1-3 years) depending on cluster
• Pre-Schoolers (3-5 years) depending on cluster
• School Age (5-12 years) depending on cluster
• Adolescents (12-18 years)
• Young Adults (19-45 years)
• Middle Adults (45-60 years)
• Older Adults (greater than 60)
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Position Registered Nurse CSO
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 731
Rush University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center Jobs