Rush University Medical Center Physician in Oak Park, Illinois
Welcome to RUSH!
Department: House Staff/On-Call Rooms
Work Type: Restricted Part Time (PRN/ Registry)
Shift: Shift 4; Hours vary
Work Schedule: 12 Hr
The mission of Rush is to improve the health of the individuals and diverse communities we serve through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, research and community partnerships.
Under administrative and clinical supervision of the Chairperson, the physician practices medicine at Rush Oak Park Hospital Emergency Department promoting and providing high-quality medical care. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
• Practices in a manner consistent with their clinical privileges as identified and approved during the Credentials process.
• Works collegially and cooperatively with the site medical director, section chief, other physicians, physician extenders (e.g., physician assistants, nurse practitioners, etc.), dentists, psychiatrists, psychologists, and any other medical professionals working within the medical facilities at their site.
• Actively participates in discussions regarding the resolution of problems related to quality of care, patient safety issues and patient complaints/grievances arising at their site.
• Responsible for maintaining utilization management and clinical practice standards through the application of the organization’s clinical criteria.
• Participates in the development of medical/clinical policies and case consultation to clinical staff when asked.
• Maintains the highest level of medical quality and service at Rush Oak Park Hospital and represents organization clinical philosophy to patients, providers, facility personnel, and the community.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Board Certification in Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine
• Current State of Illinois Unlimited Physician License
• Current State of Illinois Unlimited Controlled Substance License
• Current DEA License
• Maintain, in good standing, membership on the Medical Staff of Rush Oak Park Hospital
• Satisfy all applicable continuing education required for Board Certification
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 547
Rush University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center Jobs