Rush University Medical Center CT Tech in Oak Park, Illinois
Department: Diag Srvcs-CT
Work Type: Part Time (Total FTE 0.5)
Shift: Shift 2
Work Schedule: 8 Hr
Under the direction of the Senior Tech and with limited supervision, coordinates and performs CT examinations, contributing to the efficient operation of the department and promoting the philosophy, to ensure the quality of patient care. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
• Receives and reviews requests for CT studies.
• Accepts patients and assesses their condition to determine proper handling and special requirements.
• Explains and prepares the patient for all CT procedures.
• Relies on extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology and effects of disease processes to ensure scans of diagnostic quality.
• Operates highly complex equipment within the department, selecting technical factors to ensure high-quality scans using the A.L.A.R.A. standards.
• Demonstrates the ability to cope with and manage change.
• Maintains equipment and CT room in proper working condition. Reports malfunctions and necessary repairs to supervisory personnel.
• Performs computer skills and shows working knowledge of patient orders, status changes patient charges and profiles.
• Administers various agents to render specific organs or systems more opaque.
• Possesses and utilizes proper aseptic technique and isolation procedures when appropriate.
• Demonstrates the ability to organize patient care and set priorities by providing critical care first and by implementing the physician’s orders.
• Must be available for on-call status after normal working hours.
• Competent in the use of PACS, CR and EPIC systems.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Program.
• Registered by the ARRT.
• Current Active Illinois State License
• CT Registered.
• Ability to deal efficiently and courteously with all hospital personnel.
• Verbal and written skills necessary to facilitate communication with a variety of personnel.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs and greater for 30% of the workday.
• Visually and physically able to do computer work 90% of the workday.
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Position CT Tech
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 1566
Rush University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center Jobs