Rush University Medical Center CRNA in Oak Park, Illinois
Work Type: Full Time (Total FTE between 0.9 and 1.0)
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: 8 Hr
Functions under the medical direction of the anesthesiologist with regard to preanesthetic; anesthetic and post-anesthetic patient management functions. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
• Interviews patients preoperatively and assesses their status for anesthesia
• Reviews the patient's medical record regarding the anesthesia plan of care
• Utilizes and prepares all essential equipment and supplies to enhance effective and safe anesthesia delivery
• Administers anesthesia and/or analgesia for surgical/invasive procedures
• Monitors all necessary parameters to determine patient condition/response to surgery and anesthesia
• Advises and/or consults anesthesiologist regarding adverse effects which require appropriate action
• Escorts patient to recovery following procedure and provides a comprehensive report on all aspects of the patient's condition to recovery room personnel.
• Performs 24 hour anesthesia coverage as required and/or directed
• Provides assistance and/or supervision of services in support of patients with respiratory care needs.
• Responsible for maintaining currency of anesthesia expertise and competency, as well as maintenance for re-certification as a registered nurse anesthetist.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Time management/priority-setting
• Familiarity with basic body mechanics
• Flexibility with schedule to accommodate staffing needs
• Graduation from an Accredited C.R.N.A. Program.
• Ability to transport equipment
• Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant
• Routinely comes in contact with potentially infectious patients
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 1716
Rush University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center Jobs