Baffinland Iron Mine Project Cost Control Analyst in NU, Canada
Mission for this Position
At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
The Project Cost Control Analyst reports to the Cost Control Manager and works in collaboration with the Sustainable Project management team to track and analyse Project costs. The Analyst does this by using standard site policies and procedures while at times having to develop their own procedures.
This role ensures in addition awareness of costs/spending in the operations department which leads to proper planning, budgeting, and cost reductions. Oakville, Ontario Canada.
• Work directly with Managers for budgeting - annual & multi-year planning
• Train departments on proper use of General Ledger Codes, WBS, Cost Centers, and Budget Workbooks
• Gather data from SAP/Managers to create periodically Project-wise Cost Reports with forecast.
• Establish cash-flow needed for each Budgeted or unbudgeted Project / CAPEX.
• Assist managers in researching their costs / commitments for monthly cost reports in SAP
• Develop and implement processes and procedures for tracking costs.
• Contract follow-up to ensure that invoices/charges are per Contracts & so there is track when contracts are going out of funds. This to be done for all Operational & Project Contracts.
• Assist managers in accounting of operating costs versus capital costs. Work closely with Operations Cost Control & Finance.
• Develop reports with EV analysis, CPI, SPI. Monthly Budget, Actuals, ETC, EAC, forecast by Project.
• Creation – standard MoC process for the project if required.
• Facilitate Monthly Project cost reviews with managers
• Provide Finance team inputs / accruals for reporting during month end
• Bachelor’s Degree
• From 5 years to less than 7 years Previous experience in Project Control department – Cost &/or schedule.
• Proficiency with Microsoft suite of software products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Advanced Excel proficiency with Building Macros and Modeling
• SAP - systems expertise, experience and efficiency
Job ID 2024-5407
Job Category General Administration
Job Type Permanent