Tarrytown Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Norwich, New York
New Higher Rate ( Make up To $21/hr w. Shift Diff)
We offer the Following:
Great Benefits Package
Fun, Family-Like Team, and Atmosphere!
Work in a Beautifully Remodeled Office
Professional Growth & Stability
Innovative Training Programs
Covid 19 Vaccine: Required
Paid time off
Education & Experience
· High School Graduate OR Equivalent
· A minimum of 1 year prior experience
· MUST possess New York State Certification as a Nurse’s Aide.
· Assists in ambulation and transfers from and to bed, toilet, chair, stretcher.
· Assists or feeds resident(s) as indicated, serves water and nourishment.
· Offers and removes bedpans and/or urinals
· Keeps incontinent resident clean and dry, changes linens and makes beds. Replaces towels and wash cloths.
· Gives bed baths, tub baths, and provides skin care. Provides care of hair and oral hygiene.
· Assists residents to dress and undress
· May prepare residents to receive Holy Communion
· Takes part of bowel and bladder rehabilitation program of the resident
· Collects specimens and measures intake and output and keeps records of same
· Takes temperature, pulse, and respiration. May prepare ice packs or other resident care equipment when directed to do so by the Nurse in charge.
· Observes residents and notes physical condition, attitude, reactions, appetites, and reports changes or unusual findings to the Charge Nurse responsible for reporting for reporting resident complaints to the Nurse or Supervisors.
· Before getting off duty, signs the aide book kept at the nurses station
· Attends regularly scheduled in-service classes as required by HOME and NYSAOH regulations.
· Cleans equipment (carbonized beds, stands, etc.) as directed by the nurse. Keeps the utility and service rooms in order.
· Responsible and cooperative with supervisors, fellow employees, residents, and families.
· Maintains friendly working atmosphere
· Maintains professional attitude and appearance
· Provides assistance with resident care, where applicable.
· Follows organization and departmental policies and procedures.
· Follows assigned safety, security, and fire procedures.
· Reports and accidents or dangerous situations immediately.
· Maintains confidentiality of organizational and resident information.
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All pay rates and bonuses are paid and/ or awarded to employees based on the facilities policy and/ or the CBA, depending on the position.