GHD, Inc. Ecological Risk Assessor (Entry-Level) in North Wales, Pennsylvania
There's no pledge more important than the one we make to look after our environment, and we're committed to helping you do exactly that.
We're looking for an Ecological Risk Assessor to join our team in either North Wales, PA or Exton, PA! As an entry-level position, this is a great opportunity providing you the chance to make a positive impact on the communities in which we live.
At GHD, our Risk Assessors are typically engaged in projects that apply risk assessment and risk management strategies to support contaminated site decision-making under Federal, state, and international site cleanup programs. This includes supporting and implementing site characterization and remedial action projects that involve efforts to identify and control potentially unacceptable human and ecological exposures to chemicals in the environment.
Bring your curiosity and passion to the technical challenges we solve at GHD. Then see how everyone gets behind you.
"With commitment, there's no idea too big, no dream too far. We strive to create opportunity for all. Giving you leading training and development programs to accelerate your growth.
Come and see where your career can take you and the impact your commitment can make.
Let's solve the big problems together.
Join us as we strive to ensure a sustainable future for our communities and the world, we live in.
Become part of our global network of skilled engineers, scientists, auditors, planners, and environmental specialists, all working together to leave this world better than we found it.
Working with an energetic and hard-working team, this position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Evaluating large environmental datasets
- Interpreting site characterization data
- Performing statistical and spatial data analysis
- Performing contaminant fate/transport and exposure modeling
- Quantitatively evaluating ecological risks
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and other written communications
- Performing environmental sampling
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in related Science (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology, Ecotoxicology), Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering
- 0-2 years of experience in the environmental consulting field
- Knowledge of ecological risk assessment, environmental fate and transport modeling, statistical data analysis and sampling design is a plus Familiarity with spreadsheet and database, software
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a requirement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
EEO Statement US: As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or
Take on some of the world's toughest challenges - with GHD supporting you every step of the way. We'll give you control over your career, empower you to find innovative solutions and help you create a lasting impact.
See where your commitment could take you with GHD.
Our Pledge to You At GHD, we don't just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day.
That's why we pledge to empower our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today.
See where your commitment could take you. That's the #PowerOfCommitment
Who we are GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and co struction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents. The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It's what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity's most urgent needs: to make water, energy and urbanisation sustainable for generations to come.