Old Dominion University Lecturers in Business Analytics (2 Positions, Non-Tenure Track) in Norfolk, Virginia
Job Title Lecturers in Business Analytics (2 Positions, Non-Tenure Track)
Department MIS/DECISION SCIENCES
Position Number F0419A, F0466A1
The Strome College of Business at Old Dominion University seeks applicants for full-time lecturer positions (2) in the Department of Information Technology & Decision Sciences beginning July 25, 2021.
Type of Recruitment General Public
Type of Recruitment General Public
Minimum Qualifications - knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Graduate-level courses in statistics, management science, business analytics, and/or operations and supply chain management.
• Significant and substantive professional or industry experience as demonstrated through a professional portfolio.
• The candidates should be able to teach a variety of Business Analytics and/or operations management courses.
• Data analytics skills.
Minimum Qualifications - Education or training
• Candidates must have at least a Master’s degree or higher with courses in statistics, management science / quantitative analysis, operations management from an AACSB accredited business school.
• Candidates should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Minimum Qualifications - Special licenses, registration or certification
• Demonstrated knowledge of Excel proficiency, R, Python, data mining tools, mathematical programming software;
• Prior experience in statistics and quantitative analysis, business analytics, data analytics, or operations management;
• Prior experience in teaching at a post-secondary level;
• Industry engagement experience, such as consulting activities in an area related to the teaching discipline, significant participation in professional business associations, documented professional certifications in the area of teaching, participation in professional events, etc.
Location Norfolk, VA
Job Open Date 07/25/2021
Application Review Date 06/15/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants / Additional Materials Required
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (who will also be prompted to submit recommendation letters), teaching evaluations if available, and a copy of unofficial graduate transcripts to https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/13152.
If you should have any questions, please contact Dr. Kedong Chen, Department of Information Technology and Decision Sciences, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529-0219, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications has been extended to June 15, 2021.
Telework Friendly No
Old Dominion University does not discriminate in admissions, treatment, employment or access to its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, family medical and genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Reasonable Accommodation Request
If you are an individual with a disability and require reasonable accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Diversity at (757) 683-3141.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
College Home Page
Department Home Page
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
The Chronicle of Higher Education (website or print)
Old Dominion University website
Virginia Pilot (website or print)
Richmond Times Dispatch (website or print)
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Contact Information for Professional References
Unofficial Graduate Transcripts