Sevita Business Intelligence Principal Analyst in Norfolk, Virginia
The MENTOR Network is now Sevita. We have a different name, but the same mission, and a renewed sense of purpose. At Sevita we provide home and community-based health care services and support for adults, children, and their families across the United States. Join us in work that matters.
The Principal BI Analyst is responsible for designing and executing ETL scripts to extract data from transactional data stores to an ODS, Data Warehouse or Data Mart and also help in creating reports/dashboards.
This role is 100% remote and can be performed from anywhere in the US.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Design and develop ETL scripts using SQL, T-SQL or a leading edge data integration tool like SSIS
· Must have experience working in building Data Warehouses and Data Marts
· Understand data warehouse architectures, dimensions measures and time dimensions of datasets
· Good experience building reports/dashboards leveraging SSRS, Power BI visualization tools
· Expert in SQL/T-SQL
· Perform production support and resolved ETL & Reporting incidents
· Ensure best possible performance and quality in ETL packages, Stored Procedures and SQL.
· Performs additional duties and activities as required.
· Advanced skills writing and tuning ANSII SQL and stored procedures
· Experience designing and building complete ETL processes moving and transforming data from ODS, Staging and Data Warehousing
· Advanced SQL techniques like pivot, cursors, with, union, synonyms, views, joins, indexing (like column stack)
· Experience working with SQL Server database, Data modeling, Design and Build of ETLs/Proc/Packages, sequencing & scheduling, performance management, error handling, establishing process for audit, balance & controls while building the transformations
· Hands-on experience with ETL tools. Must have working experience in SSIS toolset
· Hands-on experience with reporting and visualization tools (SSRS, Power BI), Azure experience is most preferred
· Documenting the solution architecture, data, design & ETL technical specifications, Production support artifacts etc.,
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field required.
· Eight or more years’ experience developing database systems in an enterprise applications environment required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Must be able to understand how complex multi-tier systems integrate with each other to ensure all features are released the properly
· Experience with ETL tools like Kettle is a plus
· Should feel comfortable with relational design with high transaction databases
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, EasyVista or similar application preferred.
· Experience with MySQL, SQL Server and Cache preferred.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.
Sevita is a leading provider of home and community-based specialized health care. We believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. We provide people with quality services and individualized supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual, or behavioral challenges they face. We’ve made this our mission for more than 50 years. With Corporate operations located in the Boston Seaport, Lawrence, Massachusetts and Edina, Minnesota, today, our 40,000 team members continue to innovate and enhance care for the 50,000 individuals we serve.Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
The Mentor Network is pleased to be an equal employment employer Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Sevita Jobs