Risk Management Solutions Manager - Americas in Noida, India
Manager - Americas
Analytical Services [AN] Noida, India
Job Description: Manager – Americas
About Analytical Services
Moody’s RMS Analytical Services bundles Moody’s RMS Intellectual Property, Technology and Analytical Capabilities to provide actionable analytics and insights to our clients. We are a team of close to 400 professionals servicing nearly 100 global insurers, reinsurers and brokers in Natural Catastrophe Risk and Portfolio Analytics. Our analysts are experts in their domain, with a deep understanding of the market, client nee ds, and RMS models.
This role is for Manager in the Americas team. We are looking for a highly skilled Data Analytics professional with Catastrophe Modelling experience. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in process re-engineering by leveraging tools and technology and possess exceptional technical skills and domain knowledge. The role would primarily focus on successful onboarding of clients on to the Moody’s RMS IRP platform and identify opportunities for process efficiency.
Few role expectations are listed here:
· Innovative Solutioning to solve complex technical problems and Independent Project and Client Management will be key for this role
· Lead client-facing projects with scope of onboarding and ensuring seamless transition
· Involvement in understanding the initial scope, clients proficiency in Cat Modelling and Moody’s RMS platform. Design and automate model results, account and portfolio modelling.
· Strong Project Management skills
· Create a content focused organization. Lead onboarding of client on to the new platform and models through knowledge driven approach.
· Develop team as well-rounded risk professionals
· Display strong problem-solving skills, help groom, and build stronger technical and business understanding of the larger team.
· Support by identifying additional growth opportunities with existing clients.
· Must exhibit excellent communication and presentation skills and willing to work in a global environment.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
· Using consultative skills deliver excellent service to clients, making best use of team’s risk analytics competencies
· Deliver complex data analysis to clients and stakeholders
· Deepen existing customer relationships and develop new ones
· Exhibit in-depth knowledge of RMS models (model methodology, schema). Understanding of New Models will be an added advantage
· Hands-on CAT modeller and proficiency in performing Portfolio/ Cedant analysis
· Provide high quality exposure and loss analytics, build relevant insights to enable swift business decisions for the client.
· Document all aspects of a project, particularly focusing on the rationale for decisions and exceptions.
· Drive process improvements to enhance efficiency of analysis. Automation and leveraging technology in improving efficiency will be a key requirement. Understanding of coding languages like SQL, Python or R or Tools like Power BI will be an added advantage
· Highly collaborative with other Moody’s RMS teams to ensure smooth client engagement.
· Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in catastrophe modelling
Successful candidate must possess an excellent technical know-how and be highly client and solution focused.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field (e.g. Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, engineering, or equivalent courses)
· Total experience of 7+ years in the Cat Modelling/ Insurance industry and minimum 1 year in Data Analytics
· Possess in-depth understanding of Reinsurance and Insurance domain
· Hands-on experience on Moody’s RMS models/platform
· Strong data mining and data analytics skills - good knowledge of MS Access, and SQL. Knowledge of R or Python is an added advantage
· Be an excellent team player with high degree of self-motivation while being able to work independently
· Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
· Highly motivated, result-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to build strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
· Emotional intelligence and ability to manage conflicts and challenges with clients and team members