NIBLEY CITY CORP Office Specialist/Accounts Payable in NIBLEY, Utah
Nibley City is accepting applications for a full-time benefitted Office Specialist, specializing in Accounts Payable who will ensure all Nibley City customers receive excellent service when they visit or call city hall and provide clerical support for other city staff.
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices.
- Verifies and ensures the accuracy of all City-wide invoices presented to Accounts Payable.
- Enforces City policies regarding travel, reimbursements, and City purchasing cards.
- Process invoices, generates reports, and ussues checks for payment.
- Analyze expenditures for accurate coding in accordance with city budget.
- Reconcile vendor statements, researching and correcting discrepancies.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Liaison between external service providers for exception resolution.
- Assist with weekly check run and enter manual checks as required
- Develop accounts payable systems and documents to support the input and handling of financial data and reports.
- Handle other bookkeeping and accounting functions when required.
- Maintains accounts payable and encumbrance system for financial computer system.
- Experience with Caselle software is preferred.
- Greet and assist citizens and other Nibley City visitors.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and electronic messages and direct customers to the appropriate information or staff person.
- Receive and process applications and payments for City services, including utilities, building permits, animal licensing, business licenses, etc.
- Assist with public outreach and events.
- Assists in maintaining daily cash balance.
- Operate various office machines such as computers, calculators, copy machines, and fax machines.
- Provides clerical support to other staff as required.
- Serves as a back-up to related positions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, accounting, data processing, and
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible related experience, or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; working knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish successful working relationships; ability to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including personal computer, word processing, financial and spreadsheet software; 10-key calculator, phone, fax and copy machine.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills and ability to communicate effectively and courteously, verbally in in writing.
- Great interpersonal skills to work with team members, customers and residents.
- This position is onsite; the employee must be physically present on the premises during regular office hours; 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; M-F
- Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear.
- Employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.