White Engineering Surface Corp Cylindrical Grinder Operator in Newtown, Pennsylvania
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for operating grinding equipment, primarily OD Cylindrical Grinding. The Operator will be responsible for equipment set-ups and breakdowns and facilitating troubleshooting of the equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Set up and operate cylindrical OD grinding machines. Must be capable of interpreting drawings, following work instructions and using precision measuring tools to measure tight tolerance machine components.
Responsibilities include determining the maximum effective speeds and feeds and proper grinding wheel selection.
Responsible for machine setup, wheel selection, obtaining a first piece part buyout and operation of grinding machines, maintaining established production rates and part quality.
1. Ability to read and understand drawings.
2. Ability to work independently
3. Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments
4. One year experience preferred as a machine operator
5. Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
6. Ability to read and understand English