White County Clinic Care Coordinator in Newport, Arkansas
Education: State Board recognized nursing education or other licensed medical professionals who possess the appropriate clinical skills.
(*Certain positions may require a specific licensure to qualify)
Training and Classroom: Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel). Experience with electronic records.
Job Knowledge: 2-5 years experience in a clinical setting preferred. Highly organized and well-developed oral and written communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Experience in chronic disease management, case management and utilization management preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
· Data analysis skills
· Highly developed interpersonal skills, including motivational interviewing techniques, to
effectively interact and motivate change in behavior
· Provide patient and caregiver education
· Strong reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a high volume environment with minimal supervision
· Work independently as well as in a team environment
· Take initiative in finding solutions to difficult and/or sensitive problems
· Interpret clinical reports
· Assess patient needs and develop care plans in collaboration with the PCP
· Provide accurate and timely documentation of all nursing interventions with patients and their families or other caregivers
The role of the Clinic Care Coordinator is to coordinate services for all patients who are part of the assigned panel, especially those with serious, complex or chronic health problems or with psychosocial issues. Care coordination includes a proactive approach to deliver complete preventive care, and provide advocacy, information and referral services to patients and families to address their medical and psychosocial needs.