Panasonic Risk Manager in Newark, New Jersey
Panasonic – Risk Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get To Do:
Risk Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day management, operations and service delivery of the Panasonics Owner Controlled Insurance Program and construction related insurance programs. The Risk Manager is required to provide support to Panasonic Corporation North Americas Corporate Property and Casualty Insurance Program. Panasonic Corporation of North America is responsible for managing insurance program for over 50 Panasonic companies including its divisions and subsidiaries located in North America, Canada and Mexico.
Management of Panasonics Owner Controlled Insurance Program, OCIP, and construction related insurance programs:
- Including review and analyze terms and conditions associated with OCIP, maintenance of the OCIP manual, insurance accounting, overseeing enrollment, overseeing securing the COI for off-site, invoice processing, customer service, cost effective risk mitigation, risk identification, analysis and treatment. Manage day-to-day interaction between all project participants and insurers related to risk management and insurance issues. Provides information and assistance to safety team, legal, project management, and accounting staff regarding liability and risk issues.
OCIP and Construction Related Insurances Claims Management:
- Oversee and manage the claims process to include oversight of claim administrators, insurers and defense attorneys as well as coordinate with all the stakeholders to compile all supporting documentation relating to claims and suits, claim analysis and trends, reporting results, and participate in claim settlement negotiations.
OCIP and Builders Risk Safety and Loss Control Management:
- Coordinate all safety requirements with project team and Review and analyze loss control and coordinate with safety and project teams to develop an action plan
Risk Management Consultation:
- Panasonic in-house expertise and resource, explaining risk management policy and procedure pertaining to OCIP and construction related insurance to our internal customers, developing construction risk management policy and procedure, data management, and contract review
Support the management of Panasonic Corporation of North Americas Corporate Property and Casualty Insurance Program:
- Support in developing risk management policy and procedure, data management, PNA intranet updates, contract and lease review
What You'll Bring:
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, management or business related degree with minimum of 5 years of risk management experience or minimum of 10 years of risk management experience in Corporate Risk Management function or commercial insurance brokerage
Knowledge of essential risk management principles normally acquired through completion of the Associate in Risk Management, ARM, professional designation preferred
Ability to effectively influence multiple constituencies internally and externally and inspire action without direct organizational management responsibility.
5 plus years experience working in the construction industry
Understanding CCIP OCIP projects is preferred
Strong knowledge of the claims process is preferred
Working knowledge of the construction industry, operations management, and safety practices a plus
Complex issues associated with risk identification and treatment, insurance coverage analysis, emerging risks and business issues and how they are to be addressed
Thorough understanding of contracts and insurance documents
Analytical and adept at processing and breaking down data into actionable information
Ability to effectively foster teamwork, and build collaboration
Confident, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong project management skills, detailed oriented, very organized, the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
All levels of Panasonic internal management and executives including legal, finance, facilities, HR, environmental, etc.
All levels of external brokers, consultants, attorneys, insurance adjusters, insurance underwriters and other service providers
Communication and the ability to negotiate is a key requirement of the Risk Manager position. In order to negotiate favorable claim settlements
10 percent of job entails domestic travel
Travel to Panasonic Corporation of North Americas HQ 3 – 4 times per year
Office worker, no unusual requirements
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation package
Paid Parental Care Leave
Employee Referral Program
Flexible Work Program
Volunteer time Off
Casual Dress Code
Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic prioritizes total wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your physical, emotional, financial, social and environmental health.
The salary range of $100,000 – $120,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. Actual compensation varies depending on the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. This role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives.
We understand that your career search may look different than others and embrace the professional, personal, educational, and volunteer opportunities through which people gain experience. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!