Barnes & Noble Visual Designer in New York, New York
Title: Visual Designer
Category: Creative & Design
Location: NY-New York (Union Square)
JobLocation: New York, New York 10003
JobSummary: The Visual Designer reports to the Creative Director where they collaborate, ideate, create and execute engaging and compelling creative to support marketing and brand initiatives that enable a great omni-channel customer experience at Barnes & Noble including: Instore, Email and Web. In addition, there are inhouse corporate creative needs.
• Design and deliver compelling and engaging creative campaigns for instore, email, web and corporate print needs.
• Follow brand guidelines & creative tool kits to express the brand’s visual aesthetic consistently across channels.
• Follow direction of the Creative Director on design concepts.
• Partner with the other creative members in the group when needed.
• Adhere to production process: create accurate, production-ready files for production and make edits/changes as required by production, submit files in a timely manner, and provide status to Creative Director and Creative Managers.
• Perform archiving of all design and photography assets.
• Work with creative managers & traffic manager on planning of projects and programs
• Work with creative & traffic managers to support and optimize creative process and process tools.
• Support Creative Director in other initiatives as they arise.
• Work with Art Directors as back up support for digital request.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment in a fast-moving, deadline-oriented workplace.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing timelines.
• Has experience with selecting, editing, revising, adapting, and preparing imagery for press.
• Strong attention to detail in creating and maintaining files.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate concepts and ideas.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a graphic designer.
• B.A. or B.F.A in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or related field.
• Mastery of the InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator Creative Suite and other design and prototyping tools.
• A portfolio of work that demonstrates strong visual and design skills — a clear grasp of typography, layout and color.
EeoStatement: Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Barnes & Noble
- Barnes & Noble Jobs