Amazon Corporate LLC Sales Business Development - Research in New York, New York
Would you like to be part of the AWS education team and help researchers use AWS and accelerate research? AWS is looking for a Sales Business Development Manager who can work with researchers, understand their computing needs, and leverage the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to deploy and evangelize solutions to address the needs of researchers.
You will help shape the future of AWS solutions that can be consumed by researchers. You will use your business skills to partner with account managers driving revenue and identifying new workloads, market segments and opportunities. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. Your deep understanding of the research sector, along with a technical background in cloud computing and solution building will help researchers accelerate their use of AWS. You will also organize and lead seminars, tutorials and workshops to help adopt AWS solutions.
He/she should have excellent verbal and written communication skills that will allow him/her to drive adoption of our platform with our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive a sales engagement, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with Research IT, software developers and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive is a must.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key research institutions, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at events, leading the process to enable research solutions, and create significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers. The ideal candidate will have a business as well as technical background with experience working with customers in institutions, partnering with sales teams, and demonstrated experience interacting at all levels, including C-suite customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Serve as a key member of the education team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for research.
* Define and size segments, identify and engage target customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
* Contribute to building of technical research solutions by engaging with key prospects, researchers and partners.
* Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
* Work with research customers to integrate AWS based HPC, Data Analytics, core and/or specialized based solutions to the research platform.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
* 10+ years of higher education research, architecture or program/product management experience
* 2+ years of experience in AWS or other cloud platforms
* 5+ years of experience in customer facing roles or business development activities including presenting to all levels of technical and non-technical leadership internally and for external organizations
* Doctoral Degree or equivalent experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.