NBC Universal Manager, Data Visualization, Peacock in New York, New York
Job Number 59582BR
Job Title Manager, Data Visualization, Peacock
Business Segment Direct-to-Consumer
Sub-Business Peacock Decision Science
Posting Category Digital Media
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New York
City New York
• Applying design philosophies such as feedback cycles, human abilities, error types, etc. to large data set for thousands of end users.
• Understand, educate, and drive design principles such as discoverability, affordances, etc. to current data as well as the overall organization.
• Programming skills in SQL and experience in writing reusable/efficient code to automate analysis and data processes.
• Knowledge of developing data catalogs and data cleanliness to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics.
• Keep up to date on strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the company and competitive landscape.
• Understand visual analytics and dashboard design best practices.
• Bachelors’ degree with a specialization in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, other quantitative field or equivalent industry experience.
• Knowledge of reporting platforms and/or tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, DOMO etc.)
• Design tool certifications.
• Experience and/or knowledge with SQL.
• Strong Test-Driven Development background, with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production.
• Experience with large-scale media companies.
• Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines, and levels.
• Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude, enthusiasm and willingness to learn new methods, tools, practices and skills.
• Ability to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
- NBC Universal Jobs