Ross Stores, Inc. Mail Room Clerk in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Maintain day-to-day operation of the NYBO Mail Room and provide mail services throughout the NYBO offices to include picking up, receiving, sorting, and delivering mail.
The base pay range for this role is $15.00 - $20.14. The base pay range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
• Open and sort mail bags sort mail picked up on various floors and sort US and overnight mail into proper slots. Distribute / sort mail to various floors and between other Buying Offices.
• Set up conference rooms for meetings (moving chairs, tables, projectors setup, etc.).
• Receive, organize and stack building facility supplies and deliver throughout building as needed, i.e. milk, bagels, etc.
• Receive, sort and distribute product samples throughout building and storage areas.
• Remove samples designated for Charity and/or disposal from each floor daily and move to designated staging areas prior to leaving building.
• Input necessary mail through postage machine ensuring that each letter or parcel is stamped with the correct amount of postage.
• Move all shipments to leave the building to the packing staging area.
• Telephone courier service to investigate missing inbound packages.
• Coordinate with courier services for special deliveries.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of the mail room and mailing equipment, making the necessary service calls as required.
• Determine least costly method of overnight express mail based on weight of package and cost for each carrier.
• Send out Fedex, UPS and other outgoing packages and complete necessary paperwork and close out UPS book daily
• Record daily postage meter reading and address issues as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Mail Center Manager.
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability & Execution
• Business Acumen
• Leading by Example
• Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 1-3 years' experience in a high-volume corporate mail distribution department or facilities management maintenance department required
• Must demonstrate independent decision-making abilities
• Must possess strong time management skills
• Must be self-motivated and work well with minimal supervision
• Familiarity with MS Outlook, Excel and Word software
Job requires ability to work in an office environment.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling carts, lifting, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Must be able to stand up to a maximum of 8 hours a day.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
This role requires full-time in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.