Northwell Health CT Technologist - Per Diem in New York, New York
Req Number 53582
Operates Computed Tomography equipment, prepares for examination, and ensures that proper information has been obtained for the physician to make a diagnosis.
- Administers routine/ER CT procedures and special procedures. Produces high quality images with minimum stress and exposure to the patient by dealing tactfully and cooperatively with patients and general public. Provides information and explanation to patient in regard to examination.
- Checks patient identification in order to ensure proper administration of CT scans.
- Processes, develops and reformates images as required. Networks images to PACS.
- Performs clerical and technical duties including, but not limited to: maintaining logs, posting charges, computer data entry.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new technologists.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program.
New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist with certification in IV contrast administration, required.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Technologist (R.T.), preferred.
Minimum five (5) years special procedures radiologic technologist experience, required.
Ability to use Radiology Information System, PC, and computer controlled radiographic equipment such as a CT scanner and laser camera.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $50-$50/hour
It is Northwell Health’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Northwell Health Jobs