Morgan Stanley Basel Implementation Vice President in New York, New York
Department Profile The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community.
Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team. Our employees support numerous activities such as Product Controllership, Profit & Loss (P&L) analysis, Regulatory Reporting, Digitization, Business Management, Capital Requirements and Sourcing / Vendor Management.
Our Finance teams are currently seeking to engage with New York's leading talent. Our opportunities span across the global Finance organization, including: Institutional Securities Group, Global Corporate Controllers, Treasury and Investment Management Finance teams.
What we offer:
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's best-in-class Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight of our business
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to our outstanding internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
An encouraging and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and use them to cultivate our work environment and culture
What you'll do in the role:
- Be responsible for helping to deliver Finance's critical regulatory change agenda
- Lead the Finance program to ensure compliance with upcoming changes to Basel standards, including the implementation of daily Global Systematic Important Bank (GSIB) reporting
- Partner across the division to develop a roadmap, ensure agreement around decisions and tollgates, lead implementation, and resolve issues and constraints.
- Ensure that the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) impact is optimized and understood across all collaborators
- Gain experience with and exposure to financial products, capital, and regulatory changes
- Communicate and work alongside a diverse group of professional in Finance and across the Firm
- Work and collaborate with others in analytical environment
- Contribute and be productive in our high energy setting
What you'll bring to the role:
- 6 years of experience in delivering large, cross-functional finance or regulatory initiatives
- Strong program and project management skills; agile experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to influence across the organization to drive progress
- Demonstrated record of removing roadblocks and resolving issues
- Comfort working in cross-divisional programs with multiple senior collaborators
- Work with challenging partners and timeframes to deliver positive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to adapt to your audience
- Collaboration and relationship building experience and skills
- A strong sense of organization and time management skills
- A willingness to observe process and redefine it in order to prioritize the team's efficiency
- Capital experience is nice to have
What you can expect from Morgan Stanley: We are committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have defined Morgan Stanley for over 85 years. At our foundation are five core values putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, committing to diversity and inclusion, and giving back that guide our more than 80,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 42 countries.
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between$110,000 and $190,000per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Title: Basel Implementation Vice President
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 3245027