Huron Consulting Group Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE), Data Engineer in New York, New York
At Huron, we help our clients imagine the future and transform for tomorrow. Because our clients rely on Huron’s forward-thinking perspective, we are investing heavily in our ability to harness the power of data and continue to provide innovative solutions to the industries we serve. As part of Huron’s Analytics Center of Excellence, you will be working at the leading-edge of or our advanced analytics capabilities and helping our clients solve some of their most strategic objectives.
This position can be based anywhere in the United States
As a Data Engineer, you will design and build the data pipelines and infrastructure that enable analytics and unlock the value of data for Huron’s clients. You will be a part of Huron’s Analytics COE and leverage your skills to build innovative data and analytics solutions that contribute to Huron’s growth. You will use your experience with data frameworks such as MapReduce, Hive, and Spark to deliver large-scale data-intensive infrastructures that support diverse and rapidly evolving data types including unstructured text, images, video, speech, biometrics, and various structured data types.
Let’s get to work – together.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with common big-data frameworks such as Spark, HBase, Hive, MapReduce, etc.
• 3+ years’ experience engineering data-intensive analytical solutions on distributed systems; practical experience with infrastructure-as-code
• Expert-level ability writing and optimizing Python including common libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, PyTorch, and TensorFlow; Scala experience will be beneficial.
• 5+ years’ experience designing and optimizing SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience implementing solutions on AWS
• One or more of the following AWS Certifications: Solutions Architect Professional, Data Analytics Specialty, Database Specialty
• Experience with and preference for agile principles and development methodologies
• Ability to thrive and deliver value in a fast-paced environment without pre-documented requirements or specifications
• Ability to design, articulate, and visually depict solution architecture
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other quantitative or scientific discipline
• Expertise with automation scripting (batch/shell)
• Experience integrating with and writing APIs including SOAP, REST and/or GraphQL
• Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
• Multi-Cloud experience – AWS/Azure/Google
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Job ID: JR-0001135
Category: Enterprise Solutions & Analytics Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 9766
Huron Consulting Group
- Huron Consulting Group Jobs