Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC Analyst - Transaction Advisory/Financial Due Diligence in New York, New York
**Analyst - Transaction Advisory/Financial Due Diligence**
A& M's Transaction Advisory Group (TAG) has an exciting opportunity to join a growing team Mexico . TAG is a subsidiary of A& M, an established leader in providing global leadership and advisory services to a variety of diverse industries. A& M TAG is seeking a Senior Associate to bring their energy, passion, and expertise to help our clients get the answers they need to get the deal done. We provide private equity and corporate clients buy side and sell side financial accounting due diligence. TAG professionals actively engage in assessing a target's quality of earning, analyzing cash flows, reviewing working capital, identifying key business drivers, reviewing forecasts, and conducting comprehensive discussions with management and their advisors.
**What will you be doing?**
As a Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work with our highly motivated and effective team of professionals on a variety of interesting projects across different industries including but not limited to manufacturing, distribution, consumer, retail, restaurants, business and industrial services as well as healthcare, software & technology, energy and financial services. You will gain exposure to our integrated due diligence approach that goes beyond traditional quality of earning analyses and focus on key value drivers for sponsors and lenders in Mexico and in Latin America as well.. Our integrated due diligence approach combines our deep operational, functional and industry expertise with Big Four quality financial accounting and tax services to drive value throughout the investment lifecycle.
- As part of a highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple and varied Transaction Advisory engagements, working closely with our deal team leaders.
- A& M work with a variety of large-cap and mid-cap PE houses, corporate clients and financial institutions providing you with broad industry exposure.
- You will benefit from formal training in addition to 'on the job' learning and development.
- You will have the opportunity to develop commercial aspects of your financial analysis skills.
- You will gain exposure to the key drivers and valuation considerations which drive a transaction.
- Our Transaction Advisory team can work alongside operational and commercial professionals enhancing your understanding of the broader due diligence and wider deal process.
- You will be encouraged to internally network with our service lines and to work on external marketing events to build cross- service line relationships.
- Assist with core financial due diligence, helping to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the business against industry benchmarks, and aid in the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of their clients' investment strategy.
- Assess the quality of the target company's reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After an investigative analysis, assist in the construction of deal-oriented reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, commercial and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows.
**Who will you be working with?**
We are not a typical consulting firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial accounting professionals who embody the A& M Core Values - integrity, quality, objectivity, fun, diversity and personal reward while delivering a tailored and scalable approach to working with private equity, hedge fund, and corporate clients. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on performance, not your tenure.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a financial accounting due diligence group and 1 or 2 years in audit or other finance / accounting functions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or related major
- Working knowledge of Mex GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS and SEC reporting
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- English proficiency above 70% (writing and oral expression)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work as both a team member and as an individual contributor
- Ability to thrive and be effective in fast-paced settings
- Available to travel 30 - 40% of the year
**Diversity & Inclusion**
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
**Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters**
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity