Henry Schein, Inc. Strategic Account Manager, Medical - Capital Equipment in New York Area, New York
JOB OVERVIEW: The Strategic Account Manager, Capital Equipment’s primary focus is to drive capital equipment sales of their assigned accounts by providing product knowledge and sales expertise to the account and to collaborate with the Henry Schein HCS National Account Manager. Critical responsibilities include engaging Mid and Up Market key customer executive management to understand needs, recommending solutions and establishing contractual agreements. The SAM, Capital Equipment maintains customer relationships, advises with specific key customers, and works with HCS sales to communicate key initiatives and reports market trends and needs. This position will be customer facing and will require frequent travel.
• Responsible for delivering a unique and superior customer experience to large Mid-Market, and Up-Market customers with regard to HS Capital Equipment, technology and financial portfolios. Manage all lab equipment related customer expectations and issue resolution with CES / HCS leadership and vendor partners. • Achieve annual sales goals established by VP Capital Equipment. • Develop, implement and revise as needed our customer CES power point presentation to be shared by CES and HCS – a national one voice sharing our lab equipment and specialist’s capabilities.
• Provide overview Capital Equipment sales training to HCS SAMS, NAMS to ensure comfort and overall understanding in front of customers.
• Become fluent in all GPO equipment pricing schedules in turn educating CES management to best choices / best practices. • Work closely with HCS National Account Managers keeping them informed, updated and well connected to CES. Present with HCS to National accounts as needed. • Develop formulary for capital equipment offerings specific to the National Account. • Participate in RFI & RFP requests from GPO contracts and work closely with HS GPO leaders that report to HCS GPO General Manger to ensure HS maintains and grows contract affiliation on the GPO for lab offerings. Assist HCS GPO managers in educating GPO’s as to Henry Schein’s capabilities in the capital equipment market. • Keep travel expense reporting current on a monthly basis while keeping them to a minimum. • Attend HCS Customer presentations, Equipment Expos, Trade shows (selective), HSI sales meetings and all CES functions. • Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required. In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for: • Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards. • Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of multiple disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Assignments are broad in nature and require excellent judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity to solve. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories and concepts of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of complex issues and assignments in creative and effective ways. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May play a support role in high-level projects that have an impact on company’s future direction. May take on project lead role on medium-sized projects. Barriers to entry may exist at this level.
Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Interpret internal and/or external business issues and recommend solutions/best practices to solve a range of complex problems and assignments; take a broad perspective to identify solutions. Exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Guide others in resolving complex issues based on existing solutions and procedures. Network with key senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Determine methods and procedures for new assignments and work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. May act as a resource to formally train and mentor TSMs with less experience. Assignments are broad and moderately complex in nature. May manage vendor relationships.
Typically 8 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent preferred. May hold two or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent understanding of industry practices • Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures • Excellentplanning/organizationalskills and techniques • Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills • Outstanding verbal and written communication skills • Excellent presentation and public speaking skills • Excellent interpersonal skills • Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages • Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company • Good negotiating skills • Resolve complex issues in effective ways • Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget • Specialist in multiple technical and/or business skills • Ability to cultivate and develop lasting internal and external customer relations
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Understanding of all equipment utilized for multi-specialty practices with emphasis on digitally connected devices, capital equipment, and imaging modalities • Knowledge of a multi-tiered procurement process and equipment asset management • Experience in developing an equipment standardization plan and deployment strategies from a customer viewpoint • Understanding of GPO contract compliance, tier pricing and relevance of price parity
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Travel typically 50% or greater. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at:www.henryschein.com/careers
Title: *Strategic Account Manager, Medical - Capital Equipment *
Location: NY-New York Area
Requisition ID: R115870