LHC Group Inc. Home Health LPN in New Paltz, New York
We are hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse in the New Paltz, NY area!
At Willcare in Lake Katrine, part of LHC Group, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for the whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities we serve-it truly is all about helping people. You can find a home for your career here.
As an LPN, you can expect:
- flexibility for true work-life balance
- opportunities for career growth
- the ability to build trusted nurse-patient relationships
- employee-focused wellness and support programs
If you love nursing and want to strengthen your experience, this is a great opportunity for you.
LHC Group is committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally other protected characteristic.
Willcare is part of the LHC Group family of providers - the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians, and families nationwide. We deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that supports our patients when and where they need it. From our home health, hospice, and community-based services to inpatient care at our clinics and hospitals, our mission is to reach more patients and families with effective and efficient healthcare. More hospitals, physicians, and families choose LHC Group because we are united by a single shared purpose: "It's all about helping people."Responsibilities
- Provides high quality clinical services within the scope of practice, as defined by the state laws governing the practice of nursing, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team, following all applicable infection control procedures. Does not alter the plan of care.
- Continually observes and reports the patient's nursing needs to supervising RN.
Documentation and Care Delivery
- Communicates timely and effectively with physicians, patients, family members, and appropriate agency staff regarding any patient care issues or needs, visit assignments, dates of scheduled visits, and schedule changes to scheduler, orders and OASIS data sets, coding requests, schedule home visits, to coordinate care with other clinicians, and deliver services to patient as ordered by physician and in accordance with applicable laws and regulation.
- Documents patient visits thoroughly and completely per policy and payer requirements and syncs timely per LHC policy. This includes maintaining an accurate and current medication listing.
- Actively participates in the performance improvement plan, constantly works to reduce patient hospitalizations, and improve outcomes. and process to ensure positive patient outcomes.
Professionalism (on time, completes training, compliant)
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings including case conferences and is punctual. This includes having a camera on for video meetings.
- Attends work each day with a positive attitude, willing to help the patient and agency in any way they can and is open to learning new skills.
Teamwork (on call, productivity)
- Adheres to and participates in the agency's Episode Management process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current LPN licensure in state of practice.
- Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- CPR Certification required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.
Minimum Salary: 31200.00 Maximum Salary: 31200.00 Salary Unit: Yearly