HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Maintenance Mechanic II in New Orleans, Louisiana
Do you have the career opportunities as aMaintenance Mechanic IIyou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinTulane Medical Center,a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services,HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tulane Medical Center we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join theTulane Medical Centerfamily! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Maintenance Mechanic II to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Maintenance Mechanic II performs routine maintenance service or repair. Complies with department standards and regulatory guidelines. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Performs all other duties as assigned.
About this unit:
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Operates and performs a variety of routine services/repairs to maintain - hospital building, equipment furnishings, fixtures and grounds in proper condition
- Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces partition, doors, windows frames/glass ceilings, flooring, furniture, new equipment and electrical & mechanical systems and/or components as required within the hospital and Central Plant.
- Prepares surfaces and applies finishes (i.e., wall covering, point, corner guards, railings, base and etc.)
- Estimates time and material costs for projects, submits requisitions for materials.
- Maintains compliance with all safety, local, state, federal and regulatory agency requirements.
- Perform small in-house renovations to meet all guideline and hospital needs.
- Education:High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Preferred three year experience in a commercial or building maintenance department.Plumbing experience is highly preferred.
- Special qualifications:Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Monday-Friday(8:30 am-5:00 pm)
With 235 beds, Tulane Medical Center is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital* *by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
At Tulane, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Maintenance Mechanic II like you to be a part of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Facilities Mgmt Plant Ops & Security
Title: Maintenance Mechanic II
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02560-19435