Northwell Health MSW-Social Worker (LJ) in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 18789
Provides case and group work services to patients and/or their families during patient's Hospital stay. Ensures continuity of medical care by referral to appropriate follow-up services.
- Provides direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help clients maximize their functioning.Travel to patient homes, community resources, community meetings may be required.
- Advocates on behalf of the client to ensure maximum access to health care.
- Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by hospital policies and procedures.
- Functions in a consultative and educative capacity with all pertinent individuals or agencies that impact on patients.
- Prepares materials for supervisory conferences.
May direct the activities of paraprofessional staff, social work interns and volunteers.May participate in appropriate research, staff development programs and community liaison activities.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work.
LMSW required within one (1) year of employment.
Experience as required/preferred by position is indicated on MSW generic posting form.
Current Driver's License and/or own transportation available to maintain caseload, schedules and travel to clients' homes, required.
6 Months Post-masters work experience with an Adult population, required
1 Year Post-masters work experience with an Aged population, preferred
6 Months Post-masters work experience in a Medical setting, required
1 Year Post-masters work experience in an Abuse/Neglect/Domestic Violence setting, preferred
1 Year Post-masters work experience in an Acute/ Chronic/Progressive Illness setting, preferred
1 Year Post-masters work experience in an Physical Disabilities setting, preferred
1 Year Post-masters work experience in an Psychiatric setting, preferred
1 Year Post-masters work experience in an Renal Disease setting, preferred
Experience in advocacy, case management, discharge planning, individual, inpatient, resource entitlements, and short-term crisis, preferred.
- Northwell Health Jobs