Medtronic Therapy Development Specialist/ Territory Manager - Structural Heart/TAVR, Delhi in New Delhi, India
Careers that Change Lives
This is the time to join Medtronic, the world’s leading medical technology and solutions company. Medtronic is committed to improving the lives of patients worldwide. We are present in more than 160 countries. The way the world accesses and interacts with the healthcare ecosystem is changing, and you have an opportunity to shape things in your location. You will have an opportunity to disrupt the status quo, collaborate and take on healthcare’s greatest challenges — all while continuing to deliver on our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. Come help us drive the transformation of healthcare. Join a Leader be a leader.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB (summary):
TDS will play a critical role in Therapy development for Medtronic TAVR therapy in India subcontinent through ensure safe adoption and growth of the Medtronic TAVI Systems and future catheter-based therapy technologies. TDS will be mentored and trained by our Therapy Training manager and fully trained TDSs for a period of 6 Months where they are expected to develop technical and clinical expertise to provide support for therapy delivery.
TDSs are expected to go through intensive technical training on Medtronic TVAR Therapy and finish all certifications (BP-1, BP-2 and BP-3 for both imaging and procedure) over a period of next one year. This training will be facilitated by Training manager and Mentor and TDS is expected to shadow him/her. Objective of this training is to Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge.
TDS will be responsible for executing administrative tasks assigned by Mentor but not limited to below list.
Responsible for product inventory to include shipments, usage and return of product.
Support event planning and proctor logistics.
Report device complaints to proper departments within quality assurance
Schedules travel arrangements to ensure multiple objectives are accomplished.
Supports heart teams with appropriate products, clinical literature and pre case planning
Maintain hospital eligibility/access with various vendor credentialing services if applicable
- TDSs are expected to execute following training and education & market development activities: -
o Education and training activities including coordination and set up procedure simulators, facilitation of simulated TAVI procedures and procedural troubleshooting and coordination of staff in services
o Educate/Train hospital staff with proper valve loading instruction
o Organizing CME’s and other marketing activities
o Organizing observer ship programs in existing COEs
Establishing long-term medical-scientific/strategic relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s) and with related major medical associations and academic Centers of Excellence (COE’s)
Timely reporting of weekly reports and trackers. Take initiative and be a self-starter.
6 . Achieve AOP in assigned Territory
- Drive KOL engagement activities in assigned territory
· Engineering/ science graduates or Clinical designation (RN, Radiology technician, Scrub Tech, Physician Assistant, perfusionist, Cath lab technicians.
· Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with key stakeholders (Colleagues, supervisors, healthcare practitioners).
· Strong learning agility and problem-solving skills and organizing and prioritizing work
· Tenacity to stay the course despite setbacks
· Demonstrates integrity and recognized as a role model by their peers and manager.
· Clinical selling aptitude with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Strong relations with leading Cardiologists in respective territory / existing market
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIRMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Extended periods of time doing computer-based work and Able to lift 20 pounds.
Ability to use computers and CT reconstruction programs.
Ability to travel 75% of the time by car train and plane including weekends as weekends are spent in case support or programs.
Wear lead apron for long periods of time (2-3 hours on average).
Ability to work in Cath Labs or ORs with radiation exposure.
Ability to conduct company business outside of the typical Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, work-schedule.
Infectious disease; Radiation; Blood borne pathogens
Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES (What we are looking for in you)
· Possesses Business Acumen & drive sales in today’s competitive environment.
· Solves Problems and find solutions to drive business.
· Enables Strategic Direction and able to connect individual goals to organizational goals.
· Collaborates Across Matrix to build meaningful collaboration to drive business and engage customers.
· Enables Diverse and Inclusive Workplace.
· Considers Impact on Patient & Customer.
· Generates Innovative Ideas to develop SH therapy in assigned territory.
· Promotes Change to drive positive outputs for SH business.
· Sets Challenging Expectations to SELF to grow quarter by quarter.
· Implements Operational Excellence to avoid single case miss in market.
· Influences Accountability for assigned territory, customers to build SH Therapy.
Models Ethical Behavior to set high standards in market to drive business in compliant way.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelors degree required
Minimum of 3-7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Medtronic Jobs