Safran Field Service Technician in New Brighton, Minnesota
Field Service Technician
Means and equipment maintenance
New Brighton , Minnesota , United States
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
More than 3 years
The Field Service Technician will work alongside the Sr. Field Service Technician as needed acclimating themselves to STC's processes and procedures while working on-site servicing to customer needs. They will travel both nationally and internationally to various customer sites where they will be building, installing, maintaining and repairing large electrical and mechanical equipment and components used to test the performance of aircraft engines. These components and equipment measure up to 25 feet in length and weigh up to 30 tons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with building and/or installing electrical and mechanical equipment and components measuring up to 25ft in length and weighing up to 30 tons as specified in engineering drawings using aerial lift platforms, overhead cranes, and ground handling equipment.
• Under the supervision of the Sr. Field Service Technician, calibrate, maintain, and repair mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical equipment as needed by performing troubleshooting procedures based off of drawings, engineering feedback, and acceptance testing results.
• Prep area for new equipment installation by removing and/or modifying existing customer equipment.
• Assist the Sr. Field Service Technician with coordinating and managing daily site activities of local sub-contractors.
• Under the supervision of the Sr. Field Service Technician, commission and perform final inspection of our product ensuring everything is working in accordance to STC's product manual and customer needs.
• Provide start-up assistance and operational training to the customer.
• Follow all STC's safety practices and the customer's security protocols while working on site; also ensure that sub-contractors follow the same safety practices and protocols.
• Under the guidance of the Sr. Field Service Technician, perform factory inspections and functional testing of STC equipment to ensure our suppliers meet the Company's equipment specification.
• Provide documentation of all completed work by submitting site reports, red line drawings, and installation feedback forms.
• Provide support and back-up troubleshooting for the Field Service Team Manager while in the office and on-call.
• Build electrical assemblies as required prior to installation on site.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• 3+ years of related work experience required.
• Technical degree in an electrical or electro-mechanical discipline highly preferred.
• Experience installing automated electro-mechanical systems in an industrial environment.
• Experience installing electrical wiring, conduit and trouble-shooting.
• Experience with reading engineering schematics/drawings.
• Experience using a variety of mechanized tools, jacks, hoists, and diagnostic equipment.
• Able and willing to work in narrow workspaces and in extreme temperature ranges.
• Demonstrated experience with diagnosing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic issues accurately with proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Able to use various hand tools and equipment required for installation, maintenance and repair of heavy equipment and components.
• Self-motived, organized, decisive, with proven ability to prioritize tasks while making decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
Specificity of the job
Able and willing to travel up to 75% of the time both domestically and internationally, work overtime and on-call as required. This specificity is based on a non-covid role. During covid travel is less.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Aero Boosters designs, develops and manufactures low-pressure compressors, equipment and test cells for aerospace propulsion. The company's products are on board the majority of commercial aircraft in service as well as Europe's Ariane launch vehicle. Based in Liège (Belgium), Safran Aero Boosters has two subsidiaries in the United States and employs 1,800 people.
- Safran Jobs