Safran Aerospace Engineer in New Brighton, Minnesota
Architecture and systems engineering
New Brighton , Minnesota , United States
More than 5 years
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, the Aerospace Engineer is responsible for planning, managing, and executing aerodynamic and acoustic analysis, design, and testing. The Aerospace Engineer will contribute to team efforts by supporting sales proposals through performance predictions and technical presentations along with planning and managing workload with Safran Aero Boosters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and manage Aero Department workload in cooperation with Safran Aero Boosters.
• Responsible for test cell aerodynamic design, analysis, and testing.
• Responsible for CFD modeling and analysis including flow and thermal.
• Ensure quality adherence to budget and schedule constraints.
• Responsible for the concept, design, development and management of Safran Test Cells' projects.
• Participate in regular reporting and the development of the analytical work scope, estimated costs and schedules.
• Support sales proposals with analysis, reports, performance predictions and technical presentations.
• Maintain and improve Safran Test Cells' Aerodynamic analysis tools.
• Provide technical support for model and full-scale aerodynamic testing.
• Provide technical support for Safran Test Cells' acoustic efforts.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position prohibits the unauthorized export of restricted technology to "Foreign Persons". Safran Test Cells must ascertain employee's "U.S. Person" or "Foreign Person" Status for export control purposes.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical or related field with 5+ years of related experience required.
• MS in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering or related field preferred.
• Engineering project management experience preferred.
• Proficient in Ansys Fluent CFD.
• Working knowledge of least two of the following: MatLab, 3D Solid Modeling (Unigraphics NX preferred), CAD, CAE, and Nastran FEA.
• Ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated, driven, organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution.
• Knowledge of risk assessments including FEA and FMECA.
• Proficient in MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Aero Boosters designs, develops and manufactures low-pressure compressors, equipment and test cells for aerospace propulsion. The company's products are on board the majority of commercial aircraft in service as well as Europe's Ariane launch vehicle. Based in Liège (Belgium), Safran Aero Boosters has two subsidiaries in the United States and employs 1,800 people.
- Safran Jobs