Aerotek Distribution Engineer in New Albany, Ohio
EASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices, and consumer/industrial products.
The position falls within the Distribution Department of the organization. They will design and review overhead and underground distribution lines from 4 kV to 69 kV. They will engineer and design overhead, URD, re-conductoring and asset replacement projects, and underground cable/conduit distribution design work packages. They will review completed designs and design products to ensure compliance with client quality and consistency standards
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and review overhead and underground distribution lines from 4 kV to 69 kV
• Develop overhead, URD, re-conductoring and asset replacement projects, and underground cable/conduit work packages
• Design complex overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, field engineering of project requirements, identification of conflicting utilities, engineering and design calculations, and programming of protective line equipment.
• Coordinate small design teams as needed to develop budgets, prepare scoping documents, design criteria, and project deliverables.
• Provide clients with engineering assistance during construction, and be available to attend construction meetings, coordination efforts and community outreach as needed.
• Identify and initiate corrective action when project objectives are not being met
• Interpret codes and regulations and develop standards for construction projects
• Promote engineering professionalism and standards
• Develop, recommend, and implement plans by establishing goals, objectives, and requirements that include all scheduling, resources, and information for complex engineering
• Required to travel up to 30% of the time to client sites; duration of travel length may vary depending on project needs
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum of two years of experience with electric utility distribution design projects
• Minimum of two years of experience in overhead, URD, re-conductoring and asset replacement projects, and underground cable/conduit distribution design work package development
• Minimum of two years of experience with complex overhead and underground distribution projects in urban and rural environments
• PE License is desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution will count towards years of experience
Amazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services.
Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs