Marriott Network Specialist in National Harbor, Maryland
Job Number 21036927
Job Category Information Technology
Location Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP (https://www.google.com/maps?q=Gaylord+National+Resort+%26+Convention+Center%2C201+Waterfront+Street%2CNational+Harbor%2CMaryland%2CUS)
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and applies sound business acumen to support property and technology (IT) objectives. The Network Specialist , in conjunction with the other property leadership, is responsible for assisting with technology planning, implementation, and maintenance. The Network Specialist, interfaces with vendors,and property staff. The Network Specialist is Brand standards and procedures for access and usage.
Education and Experience
• 2 year degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or a related major; 5 years’ experience in a related professional area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related major; 3 years’ experience in a related professional area.
• Previous experience supporting highly complex units (e.g., resorts, enhanced GNS systems, high number of network devices, etc.).
• Previous experience in IT Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
• System or network related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Meeting Client and Property Technology Needs
• Manages technology/asset life-cycle. Verifies that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available.
• Serves as technical analyst for the design and implementation of administrative and customer Local and Wide Area Network architecture.
• Identifies and resolves network and system(s)’ performance problems.
• Assists the Director of iT for disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to Local and Wide Area Networks.
• Verifies technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and provides technical guidance as needed.
• Performs or manages adds/moves/changes/deletions to network equipment.
• Confirms that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
• Verifies security procedures are implemented and enforced based on Marriott International Corporate Security guidelines.
• Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems.
• Escalates problems, as appropriate, through proper chain, including on property and above property staff.
• Monitors Local and Wide Area Network performance and assures reliable network in terms of responsiveness to user demands.
• Maintains physical Local and Wide Area Networks hardware infrastructure and software configuration.
• Provides network design and consultation for exhibition clients.
• Maintains all necessary network documentation and inventory databases.
• Communicates /WAN issues to stakeholders as needed
• Meets with clients for review of technical requirements as needed, including but not limited to conference calls, pre and post conference meetings and specifically scheduled appointments.
• Assists Manager, with the development and improvement of support procedures and new services methodology.
• Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
• Creates and maintains secure network and server environment.
• Performs network equipment backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance
Supporting On-Property Projects and Global Initatives
• Provides IT expertise and knowledge on projects impacting assigned property. May lead a project team.
• May review solutions and processes developed by vendors engaged on the project.
• Supports communications for all new applications/system installations and problem resolution.
Managing Work within Budget Targets
• Assists/provides input to property management for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Reviews operating statements; researches and resolves discrepancies in technology charges.
• Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Determines solutions and implements per cluster SOP.
• Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management.
• Assists in the reviews of vendor proposals to determine appropriate vendor selection for local technologies/hardware.
• Verifies compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
• Writes/presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in a well-written and/or verbally articulate manner
• Provides exceptional customer service.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs