HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Intern in Nashville, Tennessee
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Pharmacy Intern today with TriStar Centennial Medical Center.
We are seeking a Pharmacy Intern for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
* You willbe responsible for assisting Pharmacists in all daily activities related to department workflow and staff education, having knowledge of and acting in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* You will maintain a positive working environment within the department.
* You will assist in the procurement, preparation, delivery, return, and restocking of medications and will facilitate exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
* You will be responsible for the use of automated pharmacy equipment and computer software as well as participation in learning activities designed and assigned by the Education Coordinator. It all started here! TriStar Centennial Medical Center is our original flagship hospital with a 741-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women’s services. Centennial Medical Center’s 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Advanced Joint Replacement Institute, TriStar Centennial Women’s Hospital, The Children’s Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Pharmacy Intern opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Knowledge of general pharmacy practices and procedures
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with coworkers, vendors and other hospital staff in all situations
- Demonstrated competency in each area of the Performance Measurement Tool
- Enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy with a plan to graduate with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree within the next 3-4 years. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Pharmacy Intern
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-90766