ALDI Employee Engagement Generalist I - Organizational Development in Naperville, Illinois
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
In this role, the Employee Engagement Generalist I will be responsible for developing, maintain and implement engagement programs, initiatives and action plans to support ALDI’s engagement framework and strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience designing employee programs, developing action plans and managing multiple projects while creating an environment that engages and retains employees. The objective of this role is to drive a positive employee experience.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Engages with stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of their area of responsibility to inform action planning.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports the company’s people focus area: Be an employer of choice for highly motivated and performing employees.
• Uses research, data analytics and employee feedback to inform employee experience action plans.
• Partners with all HR teams, Internal Communications, business departments and national committees to implement and action on employee feedback.
• Develops stakeholder proposals that will help gain leadership alignment.
• Supports action planning framework; leads and facilitates action planning sessions to drive initiatives that enhance the employee experience.
• Identifies, recommends and implements employee programs.
• Performs various administrative tasks related to project management.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively “get the job done”.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Excellent facilitation skills.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Development and execution of project plans; delivery of key tracks/segments.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrates empathy and understanding of employee sentiment.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Management, Education, Communications or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in designing company-wide employee engagement, organizational design, organizational development, change management and culture transformation initiatives required.
• Experience working with analysts and using data to drive decision making and development of initiatives required.
• Certification in Employee Experience Design Thinking preferred.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work may be performed in an office, remote office or a combination of both where a computer and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Minimal travel required as needed for job related duties such as training, project work and administrative tasks.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
- ALDI Jobs