Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Hostperson in Napa, California
The Hostperson is responsible for ensuring the prompt recognition and seating of all guests in outlets as assigned and assists the servers in providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to guests throughout their dining experience. He/she is also responsible for assisting the cashier in the collection of payment for all guest transactions.
Education & Experience
• High School diploma required.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Available to work a flexible schedule, including workdays, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
• Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
• Be attentive of guests’ needs assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
• Assist cashier in collection of money or credit cards from guests and servers as needed.
• Know how to prepare cashier report at the end of the shift.
• Pay out servers’ and service attendants’ tips if appropriate.
• Know how to properly take reservations for outlets.
• Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
• Perform opening and closing duties according to established sidework checklist.
• Ability to answer the telephone according to standards.
• Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving a room service order.
• Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
• Assist servers and cashiers in the servicing of guests as needed.
• Know and understand the state liquor laws.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Jobs