College of Western Idaho Tutoring Lab Host in Nampa, Idaho
Tutoring Lab Host Boise, Nampa - Staff
Apply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/1005/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=493504&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Job no: 493504
Advertised: Oct 11 2021 MST
Supervisor, Tutoring Services
Posted Pay Range:
$10 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi (https://cwi.edu/future-students/about-cwi) to learn more.
Tutoring Services seeks friendly, helpful Lab Monitors to join a dedicated team of discipline-based, computer literacy, and ELL tutors who support students across our campuses. Lab Monitors provide crucial assistance to students by directing them to various services and resources across the college. Monitors will also act as hosts in the Tutoring Center space by greeting guests, directing guests to resources, and cleaning and maintaining the lab space. Monitors can also expect to staff our Tutoring Chat system while hosting, where monitors will be able to direct patrons to resources remotely. If you are looking for a friendly, professional atmosphere with flexible locations, we encourage you to apply!
• Monitor the Tutoring labs and Tutoring Services chat and answer incoming patron questions.
• Maintain knowledge of Tutoring Services operations and services in order to accurately and effectively answer patron questions.
• Communicate with tutoring staff and tutors regarding chat tickets.
• Greet guests as they enter the lab.
• Maintain a professional setting in the lab by cleaning, pushing in chairs, notifying a supervisor when supplies are low, etc.
• Work on small projects assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Proficient with computers.
• Must have access to a computer, keyboard, and stable internet connection.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.