CDM Smith Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist in Nampa, Idaho
* This position can be based anywhere in the United States, with flexible options for hybrid or remote. *
CDM Smith’s Industrial Business Unit seeks an experienced marketing and proposal specialist to join our growing, dynamic team and play an integral role in driving the results of a privately held firm fully committed to clients and staff. In this role, you will work closely with collaborative teams throughout the country to pursue exciting projects and further develop our brand as we help companies execute capital projects to drive their growth and ROI as well as address some of society’s most pressing challenges, from renewable energy to PFAS or “forever chemicals” to water reuse to environmental stewardship. Specifically, you will contribute to this exciting work in various ways:
• Guiding pursuit teams in developing win strategies, discriminators and proposal themes that result in client-centric proposals
• Aligning with key strategic initiatives and further building the brand through conferences, webinars, social media, email blasts and website content
• Developing and producing marketing materials, including statement of qualifications, brochures, fact sheets, project descriptions, and presentations that resonate with clients
• Contributing to a highly collaborative team that pulls together to deliver legendary marketing support to our business unit
Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist
• Bachelor’s degree
• 6 years of related experience
• Minimal travel required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing, English, or related disciplines
• At least 6 years of writing experience in a technical or sales environment for an architectural, engineering, or construction firm
• Excellent editing and writing skills, with the ability to balance the narrative with visuals and proving graphics
• Strong command of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Microsoft Word, Sharepoint, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated talent for managing multiple, simultaneous tasks under tight deadlines
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with team members throughout the business unit and firm-wide
• Experience in facilitating large and small groups in strategy and proposal development
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent command of grammar and spelling. Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and SharePoint applications. Demonstrated knowledge of business development models. Ability to organize, negotiate, and drive proposal schedules. Ability to facilitate formal meetings.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
- CDM Smith Jobs