Honeywell Electrical Engineer II in Muncie, Indiana
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Electrical Engineering II will support the Engineering-to-Order electrical design activities of Complete Combustion Solutions (CCS) engineered systems group. CCS provides turn-key combustion solutions for new or existing applications in a wide range of industrial and commercial markets. Key activities of the role include designing electrical plans and specifying components for fuel fired combustion systems. The selected candidate will interact with the Mechanical and Fabrication Engineering teams to ensure that the electrical, control, and electronic instrumentation is correct for the application. He/she will work with multiple computer software platforms to load, modify and maintain bills of materials and engineering drawings. He/she will be a point of contact for all questions, issues, and continuous improvement efforts that are electrical in nature for the assigned engineering and manufacturing facilities.
•Provide technical leadership to CCS during the project development, execution and post-shipment phases related to you discipline.
•Effectively manage/mentor a group of approximately 10 electrical engineers and electrical designers located in Muncie.
•Responsible to meet/exceed KPI targets including OTTR (on-time deliveries).
•Manage coordination & completion of back-end engineering and design work from the Global Engineering Centers in India and China.
•Manage resolution of day-to-day technical and project issues with ISC/shop personnel, Engineering, Finance, Sales, Business, and 3rd Party Fabricators and subcontractors, as needed.
•Support review of project specifications and requirements during the project development phase prior to the successful sale of a project.
•Lead (as needed) development of technical solutions for combustion systems during execution phase or at the site (i.e. post-shipment).
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Controls Engineering or similar discipline
· Up to 10 years of total electrical engineering related experience with a up to 5 years’ minimum hands on experience with reading electrical schematics, wiring, testing, and troubleshooting industrial electrical systems.
· 2 years’ experience in utilizing computer-based software to setup communications with instruments, setup parameters and download PLC/HMI programs.
· Experience with SAP BRP business system software knowledge is a plus.
· Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical design experience.
· EPLAN Electric and EPLAN Pro Panel experience is a plus.
· The ability to write PLC programs is a plus.
· Familiarity with various global electrical codes and standards like NFPA, UL, FM, ATEX, IEC, etc.
· Experience with natural gas handling; sensors, fittings, regulators.
· Experience with combustion equipment and systems.
· Strong familiarity with project scheduling is required.
· Ability to work well in a team environment is required.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs