Relias Manager, Security Operations in Morrisville, North Carolina
Manager, Security Operations
Are you looking for a high energy, strategic, and fast-paced position as a Manager, Security Operations? Join Relias, the company changing lives throughout the world by helping healthcare organizations improve their clinical outcomes!
Relias provides software and services to more than 10,000 healthcare organizations and providers, addressing the primary concerns of recruiting, retention, risk mitigation, compliance, and the move from fee for service to value-based reimbursements. In addition to unrivaled content, Relias offers pre-hire assessments and in-depth analytics that allows for the demonstration of skill and performance, resulting in better patient, resident and client outcomes, as well as better financial results. We are passionate about our product and our clients; what we deliver is truly something you can be proud to represent. Our clients think so, too – we proudly boast a retention rate close to 100%!
WHAT CAN RELIAS OFFER YOU?
Competitive base salary
Fantastic health and wellness benefits package, including an outstanding 401k match, an unlimited PTO program, and paid holidays, including your birthday!
Comprehensive two-week onboarding program – a great introduction to our company, customers and culture!
Growth and career advancement opportunities!
Integrated 15 acquisitions over the last five years
20%+ annual employee promotion and transfer rate
The Manager, Security Operations Center (SOC) is responsible for monitoring IT security infrastructure and provides incident response and conducts security investigations. The manager will be the technical lead who has deep technical experience with SOC tools and can provide technical leadership for other members of the SOC team. The individual in this role will be part of the Information Security department and work with other aspects of the Information Security team, Engineering team, and Corporate IT team to manage and remediate any security threats and incidents.
Essential Job Functions
• Strong security experience to detect, assess, investigate, remediate and recover from security issues.
• Strong experience as Security Incident commander, leading a SOC team while liaising with administrators and business stakeholders through security incidents
• Extensive experience with implementing and optimizing a Security Incident Response process
• Experience leading and mentoring a technical and process minded team, working with Managed SOC Services and resources.
• Monitor security events to detect threats - On-call availability outside business hours.
• Analyze customer's situation in context to detect advanced threats.
• Alerts analysis
• Investigate Incidents
• Analyze Malware
• Recommend corrective actions to the customer.
• Develop Security Operations Center detection tools, rules and intelligence to improve detection & investigation efficiency of the Center.
• Learn from investigated cases and update toolsets to improve automated detection methods
• Assess new technologies, tests them in a lab environment and proposes them for SOC improvement.
• Operate Security Operations Center devices to ensure high availability and security.
• Maintain and operate SOC network, systems, and other technical components.
• Interact in a very professional way with customers to solve identified threats and issues.
• Act as a privileged point of contact to solve security requests, incidents and threats.
• Define SOC service architecture.
• Deploy/support deployment of the monitoring solution for integration in the Security Operations Center service.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Security professional with a proven technical leadership experience within the security industry.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
Ability to interpret, understand, and communicate real business risks in relation to technology risks.
Ability to create or review procedures for protection of systems and applications.
Knowledge of information security principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology to carry out activities relating to security certification and accreditation.
Ability to provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical information technology security issues.
Recommends and coordinates the application of fixes, patches, & recovery procedures in the event of a security breach.
Experience with security tools and platforms including SIEM, IPS/IDS, SecOps, Endpoint and Server protection, Network protection, Firewalls, etc.
Extensive experience in Cyber threat and vulnerability analysis and remediation.
Forensic examination and data preservation.
Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
Very strong security awareness and knowledge.
Strong understanding of key infrastructure systems (AD, Linux, Databases, Virtual Environments).
Proven ability at building working relationships with partners, peers, and senior Management.
Leads, performs or reviews security incident investigations.
Ability to multitask and manage multiple topics and demands concurrently.
Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change and release management.
Prior working experience in a healthcare software, learning-technology, or SaaS company is a big plus.
Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details.
Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention.
Excellent presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills.
High level of personal integrity consistent with Company's core values.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience Required (Minimum required)
- Minimum 8+ years of IT experience with progressive responsibilities, and with at least 5 years of Cyber Security protection experience.
Education Required (Minimum required)
- Bachelor of Science degree in management information systems, computer science, engineering, cybersecurity, or other IT-related major is required, or 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Information Security Certification (CISSP, GSEC, GPEN, CEH, etc.) or other related security certification is highly desired.
Relias is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace
Country: United States of America
State/Region: North Carolina
Postal Code: 27560
Date: Jun 4, 2021
Morrisville, NC, US, 27560
Relias promotes equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition including genetic characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
- Relias Jobs