Lockheed Martin Cyber Security Engineer/Senior Member of Eng Staff in Moorestown, New Jersey
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for a Cyber Security Engineer in Moorestown, NJ. This position will support multiple programs in the Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business (LOB). The successful candidate must have a strong system administration background with Cyber/Information Assurance (IA) training to design, test, and implement state-of-the-art secure operating systems and networks. Support a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, network access, event management and backup solutions. The position will support various programs and lab environments including Combat System Engineering Development Site (CSEDS) and Naval Systems Computing Center (NSCC).
Position requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related discipline and professional engineering experience, with hands on experience in computing and network infrastructure components and technologies.
Specific technical responsibilities include:
• Troubleshooting computers, networks, infrastructure and cyber security applications.
• Evaluating Linux and Windows computing platform devices, network designs and devices for cyber security vulnerabilities.
• Implementation of security policies to meet Risk Management Framework (RMF) objectives including monthly operating system (OS) and software patches and quarterly reviews of Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
• Significant interaction with other technicians, analysts, and engineers to implement security designs; resolving vulnerabilities, modifying system or software components security settings and mitigating risk.
Detailed documentation responsibilities include:
• Develop and/or support DIACAP/RMF eMASS accreditation packages for site and program systems
• Identify, document, and maintain test results for DoD 8500.01 DIACAP/DoD 8510.01 RMF IA Controls (IACs)
• Complete and/or support all required eMASS documentation including SIP, Implementation Plan, IAC Inheritance, Risk Assessment Report (RAR), PPSM Registration (if required) and POA&M.
• Complete and/or support development of Contingency Plan, Incident Response, Configuration Management, and all other site plan testing activities.
• Research and coordinate the implementation of vulnerability remediation (identified via ACAS and STIG/SCAP assessments) with subject matter experts, document and update POA&M and generate required reports and artifacts, as required.
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, Info Security/Network Administration from an accredited college or related discipline with professional cyber experience.
• Expertise in configuring and securing at least one of the following: Linux, Windows, or Cisco.
• Have an understanding of NISPOM/DISA security requirements and know how to implement required security settings.
• Core understanding of security engineering concepts as they relate to the CISSP certification.
• Understanding of Unix/Linux file system and command line.
• Knowledge of for DoD 8500.01 DIACAP/DoD 8510.01 RMF IA Controls (IACs).
• Ability to analyze security scan reports and develop/implement a plan to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
• Security+ or CISSP certified.
• Proven experience in an engineering discipline.
• Vulnerability analysis using cyber security tools (e.g., ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, SCC, eMass, STIG Viewer).
• Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl, Powershell).
• Experience writing technical memos, trade studies or other engineering documentation.
• Experience and interest in leading small teams and/or technical efforts in an engineering domain.
• Experience and interest in preparing and delivering technical and project status presentations to internal and external customers.
• Experience with Model Based Engineering, Agile methodologies, Automation techniques, or DevSecOps concepts.
• Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance.
• All of the above or currently enrolled in the RMS Cyber Acceleration Program (CAP).
• Experience with Host Base Security System (HBSS) Deployment.
• Experience with Splunk, network security, and system security supporting event management tools, including SIEMs.
• Maintains Security relevant certifications such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Security Administrator (CISA).
• Experience with Cyber Threat Analysis.
• Experience and interest in supporting or leading development of technical proposals and cost estimates in an engineering domain.
• Customer interaction experience.
• Demonstrated sustained technical or project leadership.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs