Magna Manufacturing Engineer in Moore, South Carolina
Job Number: 59965
Group: Magna Seating
Division: Magna Seating South Carolina
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Moore, SOUTH CAROLINA, US, 29369
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
Supports manufacturing in the resolution of manufacturing issues and provides manufacturing with tools and engineering support to implement new products into production and in the resolution of manufacturing issues. Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. May provide work direction and/or supervision to other staff. Establishes resource requirements and material flow using industrial engineering techniques and internal Company standards to establish optimum cell configuration (creation of most efficient manufacturing cell from material inflow, through production, to outflow).
• Maintain proper records and backup documentation.
• Respond to employee issues, concerns, suggestions.
• Develop work instructions for processing.
• Assist with root cause analysis of concerns flagged by manufacturing.
• Provides manufacturing with tools and technical engineering support to implement new products and processes into production.
• Selects, designs, installs, and modifies equipment and fixtures for new product launches and existing products.
• Supports manufacturing in the resolution of manufacturing issues by providing ongoing manufacturing engineering support.
• Leads process design functions to determine product flow through the manufacturing cell by use of current engineering and continuous improvement techniques.
• Analyzes various product structures and processes in order to eliminate inefficiencies and reduce manufacturing costs.
• Monitors and controls objectives and costs of assigned project and establishes program time lines.
• Follow the JIT RASIC, main functions include: Delivery & Execution, Support tasks, provide material benefits, ensure tasks are completed, consult as required.
• All other duties as assigned.
• University degree/college diploma or the successful completion of career related courses.
• Adept with problem solving methodologies.
• Computer literate with strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work any shift schedule according to business needs.
• Able to work overtime and travel with little notice.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills in order to communicate with other functional areas both internally and externally for successful completion of projects.
• Must be technically current in machine design and/or equipment engineering as it applies to job duties with strong understanding of controls (i.e. operating logic) and be able to integrate them into process equipment.
• Must have thorough knowledge of materials, machine dynamics, etc.
Health & Safety
• Adhere to and follow all company health & safety policies, practices and rules for the workplace.
• Use, provide, and enforce company issued PPE.
• Follows all emergency procedures.
• Must participate in all company related safety programs.
• Ensure adherence to established housekeeping standards.
• Respond immediately to items brought to his/her attention with respect to hazards, or non-compliance issues.
• Be respectful and courteous to my co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
• Attend all monthly employee meetings.
• Attend all scheduled training sessions, and complete related course materials.
• Provide feedback to employees (both positive and negative) on an ongoing basis.
• Ensures the operation meets 5S expectations.
• Recommend changes to work methods, safety measures and labor organization aligned with Mafact and MPS methodology.
• DOEs: Leads equipment and process improvements to increase efficiency, reduce cycle time, and improve quality.
• DFA/DFM: Resource during product development to ensure Design for Manufacturability Principles are met.
• PFMEAs: Evaluates and documents manufacturing processes; predicting and preventing failures.
• Error Proofing: Develop and implement error proofing solutions for process failure modes.
• Equipment: Develop, setup and maintain seat testing equipment, torque systems and vision systems
• Software: Experience using CAD, CAM, data analysis programs, and related software.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of the work required inherent in the job. Other duties may be assigned from time to time in order to support business needs.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.