DaVita Non-Certified Medical Assistant I (NPS) in Monongahela, Pennsylvania
Reference #: R0327337 100 Stoop DrSte 310,Monongahela,Pennsylvania,15063-3553,United States of America
The Non - Certified Medical Assistant is a nonexempt position responsible for clinical and administrative duties, to support nephrologists in the delivery of care to patients with Chronic Kidney Disease. Duties may include, but are not limited to: patient check-in and check-out, clinical and administrative tasks, chart preparation and patient phone calls. The Non - Certified Medical Assistant can assist on their own, without support. However, is expected to gain certification within four months of hire.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this MEDICAL ASSISTANT position but are not intended to be all inclusive: Assists assigned physician(s) with patient care including obtaining and documenting patient vital signs and relaying physician instructions to patients and their families. Normally assisting one to two physicians.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. This may include (but not be limited to) accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.
- Checks physician schedules and coordinates patient flow to ensure on-time clinic schedules.
- Completes patient chart preparation.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of exam rooms. Empties and replaces biohazard containers, as necessary.
- Complies with all applicable OSHA, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements, as well applicable practice and broader DaVita policies and procedures.
- Answers phones, schedules patient appointments and assists with co-pay collections, as necessary.
- Delivers the highest levels of service excellence at all times.
- Completes prior authorizations, diagnostic testing and is able to administer different therapies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties of the MEDICAL ASSISTANT position:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Prior medical/clerical administrative experience preferred but not required
- Intermediate proficiency in navigating MS Office applications and other databases
- Deals with confidential information using discretion and judgment
- Basic proficiency in department Medical Information System Technology (MIST) within 60 days of employment or position change required
What We'll Provide:
- More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.